SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Full Size M&P 2.0 .45 ACP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full Size M&P 2.0 .45 ACP Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
I am seriously about to get one of these for my bedside gun to replace the current SA/DA .45 I have had by the bed for a few years. I’m not a fan of SA/DA except for fun at the range. I’ve watched a few videos, almost all 9mm, but have learned all I need to about the improvements over the original M&P. What are some of the experiences with this gun in this forum? Any problems with HP defense ammo?

I rented an M&P a few years ago, but never purchased one. Very accurate with it, so I’m wanting one again.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With help from Apex T. I am working on a pair of 9mm M2.0 4.25" for IDPA (always need a back up in competition). While not 45ACP, I have found the 4.25" 9mm to stick to the hand as if glued (one of four included backs will fit), point without effort at target, have a very good tripping trigger and short reset (6 pounds-force, to be reduced).

While I prefer one of the excellent defensive 9mm rounds over 45ACP for a house gun, My extrapolation is that S&W has greatly improved the M&P. Hope you can shoot a M2.0 and see.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2.0 in 40 cal the trigger is good the grip is better , shoots softer . also got the 2.0 in 45 auto and a black Galco open top holster for but I have not tried it out yet. . They are good as it gets

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I know you didn't ask about alternatives, but, I recently had the exact same requirement. After initially thinking I'd want to go with a Walther PPQ 45, I ended-up with a Sig P320 full-size .45 ACP.

I think I'm damn near as as fast and accurate with it as I am with my G34 9mm "race" gun. No joke.

Put an InForce APL it. Fits and works like they were made for one another.

Just a thought...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I think the M&P 2.0 in 45 is a fantastic option. I recently purchased an M&P 2.0 in 9mm and quite frankly I couldn't be happier.

I also purchased a P320 compact in 9mm, I like it a lot, it's a great gun. For me, I find the 2.0 to be a little bette on accuracy, feel and yes, even trigger. But, I'm biased I've 1000's of rounds through an M&P 1.0

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
The Sig would probably be a nice option, but I’m kind of stuck on the M&P and I have a chance to pick one up NIB for $439. Originally I was going to pick up a G21, but the M&P looks like the better deal. Of the 3, the M&P wins out.

My biggest concern is that it will be reliable with SD hollow points. My current bedside gun chokes on HP’s but runs FMJ’s just fine.

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I'm confident it'll function just fine on HP's.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Any other comments on this pistol welcome. I will most likely order it in the next few days.

---------------
Gary

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
M&Ps are great pistols but IMO bedside duty is one place where the DA/SA shines.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
M&Ps are great pistols but IMO bedside duty is one place where the DA/SA shines.

I have to disagree with you. SA/DA isn’t a good option for me in anything but range fun. Fumbling around with the decocker in the dark isn’t worth it.

---------------
Gary

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not disagreeing at all, but what is your reasoning behind this?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know what they say about opinions... Wink

If trigger safety is a concern, I'd argue that the best action for a bedside handgun would be DAO.

That being said: There's enough "trigger" on my P320 I feel confident that I can be safe with it. I know one thing for darn sure: Other than perhaps my G34: I can hit better with that P320 than anything else I've ever used.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
quote:

I have to disagree with you. SA/DA isn’t a good option for me in anything but range fun. Fumbling around with the decocker in the dark isn’t worth it.

I completely agree, but again it's just my opinion. I work with a G22 and compete with a P320 but for late night work, getting jolted out of bed after an hour or so of sleep, I feel very comfortable with a DA/SA. In regards to fumbling around with a decocker in the dark, that means the balloon already went up and you've been involved in a shooting. The threat is over or you are behind cover with time and physical safety to work the decocker. Just my opinion.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
In regards to fumbling around with a decocker in the dark, that means the balloon already went up and you've been involved in a shooting.

Should be no "fumbling," anyway. If you're not muscle-memory-familiar enough with that pistol to operate the decocker blindfolded, that's not the gun you should be using for such a purpose, anyway, IMO.

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Should be no "fumbling," anyway. If you're not muscle-memory-familiar enough with that pistol to operate the decocker blindfolded, that's not the gun you should be using for such a purpose, anyway, IMO.

Bingo!

---------------
Gary

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
SA/DA is Not the subject of this thread, but rather what you think of the M&P 2.0. Specifically in .45 ACP if you have one.

---------------
Gary

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have the 9mm 2.0 in my nightstand. I prefer the extra capacity, lower recoil, quicker follow up shots, and better compatibility with the wife if she has to use it.

If I lived in a restricted state, I would have the .45 version in my nightstand.

The 10 rd mag capacity kinda sucks, but they do make/sell 14 rd extended mags for them, which I would buy and use for home defense personally.

I highly doubt that they have problems with modern hollow points. Smith usually does their homework.

The sand paper grip is wonderful and the gun just sticks to your hand like glue. It's fantastic for a home defense gun in my opinion.

Put a good rail mounted flashlight on it, and your new M&P (you're going to buy it) will serve you well.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post