SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's The Current Consensus On The Easiest/Cheapest Way To Get An Optics-Ready 320F Slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's The Current Consensus On The Easiest/Cheapest Way To Get An Optics-Ready 320F Slide? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
Mulling over a project on a CPO 320F in 357SIG. What's the least painful way of getting a slide that will accept optics?

FWIW, I don't have a particular optic in mind. All I really know is that I'd prefer a 2MOA red dot.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Really if you go with buying an exchange kit it’ll probably be as cheap as having your slide cut.

Yeah, I’m sure that someone would make the cut $100-150 less than an exchange kit, but when you take on refinishing and BUIS it’ll be a viable option. The RX already comes with the optic.

Plus if you do desire, sell the barrel, grip module, and recoil spring to lessen the sting.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only issue with that approach is you get a single optic choice (and its a sucky one IMO). Milling will be the cheapest way to get to something you might trust.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That does seem to be the Scylla and Charibdis as far as I can see. I really wish SIG would just sell a pre-cut slide, even if the rear sight were part of the cover plate as with the M17. I'd still have to pick up a taller front sight, but at least I'd have the option of simply going with a Leupold and one of those piggy-back rear sights that mount on them.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no clue where this stigma about the romeo1 came from. I have yet to see someone who owns one post with a broken optic. It is always the someone posting about someone else's romeo1 that broke. But there are many happy people posting about their RX's that they do own.

I have 4 Romeo1's 2 on 226's and 2 on 320's. I have been running them for the past 3 years and I have not had one issue with them. I have many thousands if not 10's of thousands of rounds through them.

But I also have a trijicon RMR on a G19 and I had nothing but issues with the dot disappearing under recoil. I got a sealing plate to help and it has seemed to fix the issue.

But if you want to drink the koolaid and spend more money than you have to to get a "good" set up check out the website below, they can convert your RX to directly take a Deltapoint Pro or RMR. If you sell the romeo1 from your RX slide you will be half way to buying a RMR.

(I am not affiliated with the website and have never used them so please buy with caution)

https://www.landmprecisiongunw...ive-to-trijicon-rmr/

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I realize you want .357, but as an FYI ~ Sig is now selling P320-9-RX slide by itself, no kit required. If you already have a 9mm Full Size or Compact, this slide comes with the Romeo 1.

Osage County Guns

P320-F-RX slide only: $329
www.OsageCountyGuns.com/Sig-Sauer-Slide-320F-9-B-RX.html

P320-C-RX slide only: $329
www.OsageCountyGuns.com/Sig-Sauer-Slide-320C-9-B-RX.html

Based on Sig selling 9mm RX slides, I expect it is just a matter of time before they begin to sell .357sig RX slides.

Perhaps you can find out by calling Sig's Customer Service or Osage County Guns. Just keep in mind that until Sig actually releases a product to their retail channel, dates are just a ball park guess.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to recommend the slide with optic, but SIG only has the 9mm version on it's website and it states that it is not compatible with .40,.357 or .45.

Your current best option would be the .357 specific kit, waiting for the .357 kit or contacting SIG or the SIG pro shop and seeing what they say about a release date for the SIG slide.

Also, look at the shield for the Romeo optic. It gives it more protection at a low cost.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll definitely give SIG a call. Appreciate the suggestion of the Shield, but I've really liked the 320F I picked up a while ago and a good CPO fell into my lap at a price I couldn't resist.