SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Two Tone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Two Tone? Login/Join 
posted
Hi Guys-
Did Sig do a P220, blue slide over silver frame, serial starting with G250 around 1995? Frame and slide have the serial matching. What about the barrel, was this still a triple gun? I assume the frame is nickel, take down lever is blue and sights are 3 dot. Trying to ascertain originality. Thanks for any insight.

Posts: 50 | Registered: April 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Souvergn41:
Hi Guys-
Did Sig do a P220, blue slide over silver frame, serial starting with G250 around 1995? Frame and slide have the serial matching. What about the barrel, was this still a triple gun? I assume the frame is nickel, take down lever is blue and sights are 3 dot. Trying to ascertain originality. Thanks for any insight.

I've never seen a factory reverse 2-tone (Ni frame / blue slide) P220 from 1995. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing a factory original RTT folded slide SIG. Saw one RTT 1991 P228, but that was a CPO, though. 1995 P220s were still triple guns, but that year, SIG started overstamping many of the "W" of W. Germany with either the triskelion or the swirl.

Could be wrong, but I don't think yours is original. And, the 3-dot sights are not original, unless they are 3-dot night sights. Contrast sights should be square rear dot front (von Stavenhagen).

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't help much with verification or value, but it sounds like a sweet P220.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Can't help much with verification or value, but it sounds like a sweet P220.

Yep! I would love to see a pic if you have one.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post