SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistols Most Reliable Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistols Most Reliable Poll Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
As long as they are maintained and proper ammo used they all are reliable.

Yep, pretty much sums it up. Beyond that, it is popularity contest and nothing more. None of them are any more "reliable" than the other. All quality designs that will keep on ticking.

Yup. Thank you both.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK 45C, LEM trigger.

I recently completed the 2000 round no clean, no lube test without a single failure.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen a bunch of tests but the one that impressed me the most were Todd's.
"From 1-May-09 to 19-Mar-10 — 322 days — the pistol fired 91,322 rounds"
for a P30.
I'd vote HK if any amount of maintenance is possible. If none I'm guessing glock will last the longest.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Other for Q number 1. 3rd gen S&Ws are bet your life reliable. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually don't expose to the elements of the OP, so I am basing my vote on those that I own or have owned. While I think the Glocks, M&P 1.0 and P320 have never failed me in range or training time, my experience is limited.

As far as cleaning goes; why? Why would you not clean your firearms? I have spent decent money and may want to trade or sell it in the future so I can and do spend 10 minutes cleaning after a day at the range or after 3 months of sitting idle.

Posts: 10 | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong _ I love my SIGs; But for reliability when abused and down right dirty, filthy, and nasty I have to vote for my Ruger P series

Posts: 14 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: October 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
1st semi-auto I ever fired was a 89! Great standoff weapon.....you know..if your mag is empty, just throw it at your target!! Wink P-series are built like tanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Manster:
Don't get me wrong _ I love my SIGs; But for reliability when abused and down right dirty, filthy, and nasty I have to vote for my Ruger P series

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own or have owned HK, Sig, a bunch of 1911’s from various manufacturers all reputable, beretta, ruger, S&W and I’m sure a few more that I can’t remember off the top of my noggin. All have had a gun go back except for one. Glock. Nuff said. Seriously I was so heart broken when I had to send my HK back. Glock just doesn’t seem to skip a beat.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted "other" and the other is the three 3rd gen S&Ws I own 5906, 5946, and 4046.
All have proven extremely reliable as long as maintained and continue to eat whatever I stuff in the mags.
So vindicating what 18DAI said though out of production, they're still out there and despite little or no support from the mother ship WORKING!
Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Glock & Glock
Only handgun that I’ve never had a problem with.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting questions and choices.
I also like the reading the various responses of the forum members.
(Plus it helped pass a busy night at the ME Office)

The two I chose were not my personal weapons but they were duty weapons that were issued to me and I carried them for years between two departments.

One was my Beretta 92SF that I was issued at my first agency. Lets call it LNIB, and for almost three years I ran the heck out of it. I took it to the police academy, and a lot of training courses where we were in the rain, mud etc..

The second choice I selected was the Sig series. My second agency, I was issued the Less than less than new in box P229 in 40. This pistol was on its last legs, and it also looked like someone used an Bradley scout vehicle with steel tracks on it to do that jitterbug. It never missed a beat whether on patrol, quals, or various tactical schools in various elements.

Even though it was totally trashed when it was issued to me, I still miss that P229, and the stock trigger was silky smooth.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
As long as they are maintained and proper ammo used they all are reliable.

Yep, pretty much sums it up. Beyond that, it is popularity contest and nothing more. None of them are any more "reliable" than the other. All quality designs that will keep on ticking.

Yup. Thank you both.

If sigs and glocks and berettas and HKs all pass the military standards thats good enough for me. I, like many on this forum clean my weapons after every trip to the range. And this being a sig forum.....their premium pistol are $1,000 and up and I doubt people spending that kind of dough on a pistol aren't cleaning their weapons on a regular basis. I cant understand why a civilian would want to see how many rounds they could fire without cleaning their weapon.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My vote is the HK USP .45. I carried one when I started as a patrol officer. It just wouldn’t quit.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am not surprised to see Glock leading this poll by a landslide.

I have only had two Glocks in my life, neither ever failed, a G23-3, and now a G19-5.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Any Military spec 1911A1.

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1348 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post