SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    As much as I like the regular P365, I'm going to have to say the P365 SAS is not worth it.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As much as I like the regular P365, I'm going to have to say the P365 SAS is not worth it. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SAS in general is marketing, as most modern pistols (SIGs included) don't have a "snagging" problem.

They days of every gun needing a 'melt' job is over and really only applies to old BHPs, 1911s, and the like.

But if it works for you, good on you!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review sir. I won this gun last night and will be picking it up Monday afternoon. I currently carry a standard P365 (stock) and was wondering if this would be a smoother option. Doesn't sound like it will be a huge difference from my current model.

I am intrigued by the XL as I really want to try a mini reddot on it. I may swap it.

Thanks

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I own all three P365"s , love them all, and they all have a place in my EDC rotation, but the SAS presented a different can of worms until I made my own adjustments, the gun didn't point right for me, it was always a little off which also wouldn't allow me to use the sights as intended, but I found that if I put my 12 round Magazine in , it changed everything, at least for me,IMO, the grip was just better and allowed me to hold my gun just a little different like more downward, and the sights just popped,I use 12 round Mags in my first P365 and that also made target accusation perfect for me, but because the SAS models sights are for sure lower using the 12 round Mag. allows the gun to have the barrel ride higher, anyway this was the fix for me, and I love this gun, talk about the perfect melted carry gun, this is it, I use a Alabama pocket holster for it and I can retrieve it with ease, better than any of my other pocket pistols, so for me Sig made a nice addition to the P365 line...and I'm happy with all three of mine..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
My 75 dollar P365 SAS:

I'm growing on this site a little

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled the SAS the other day at a gunshop. I like it a lot, buy not enough to spend the money.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the idea of the SAS but dislike the bore ring cut-out. I supposed we can swap a regular 365 barrel into a 365 SAS and it'd be even better Smile

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I luv the idea of the SAS but would rather not have the ported slide and barrel.
Seems to me a couple of bad things could happen, like getting burnt, if you ever had to shoot it in a confined space or near your body..
Otherwise I’d buy one..
Someone suggested swapping out the barrel.
I don’t know if that is doable, because the slide is slotted.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BriGuy:
Someone suggested swapping out the barrel.
I don’t know if that is doable, because the slide is slotted.

Unported barrel coupled with the slotted slide will be zero problem.

Ported barrel coupled with a regular non-slotted slide would be a huge problem.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post