SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 or P239?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 or P239? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I would go with the 225a1. It's more comfortable than the 239. More durable (finish) then the original 225. To me the 239 grip is too thin and square. The 225a1 grip while thin is much more comfortable to me.

Concur with Dusty about the grip. The 225 (at least the old one) fits very well in the hand and I've found it accommodates a range of hand sizes. I have average size hands and I find the 239 too thin. It torques more in the hand than smaller size guns like the Shield, IMO.

Don't know anything about the 225a1, but the original is a great gun, albeit with not the most stellar trigger in the Classic P series range.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
I noticed in some youtube videos that the slide on the 239 was not locking back. Is this an issue with them?

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
I mean with a empty mag.

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 239 is my favorite Sig.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 239 sas, but...

Buy neither. Go find a Sphinx sdp subcompact. Smaller than a p239, 13+1 capacity, which puts it in glock 19 territory in a smaller, albeit heavier than the glock package. Better trigger than a stock p239 sas trigger also.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post