SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 or P239?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 or P239? Login/Join 
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted
Thinking of picking up one or the other used 9mm. Preferences? Why?
Thanks

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Which 225 are you talking about? The real classic one, or the 225A1?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockyriver
posted Hide Post
Tough Decision, I own neither, But have been looking at them also.
The 239 offers more caliber choices (but 9mm is what I want)
Both are single stack magazines.
The 239 SAS is smooth and rounded.
The 239 Seems to be able to conceal easier to me IMHO.
The 225 is a nicer looking weapon.
The 225 can be had in a TB barrel.
Not Sure, but I think the 225 is not offered in SRT.
The 239 is definitely offered in SRT.
NO SRT is a deal breaker for me.
239 SAS for the win, unless the 225 is offered in SRT.

Posts: 38 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Pretty sure the newer 225 comes with a SRT standard. they seem close enough to me that I have been going to choose by price, but thought I may be missing something. thx

posted Hide Post
I would buy either the older or newer style if the price is right.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockyriver:
Tough Decision, I own neither, But have been looking at them also.
The 239 offers more caliber choices (but 9mm is what I want)
Both are single stack magazines.
The 239 SAS is smooth and rounded.
The 239 Seems to be able to conceal easier to me IMHO.
The 225 is a nicer looking weapon.
The 225 can be had in a TB barrel.
Not Sure, but I think the 225 is not offered in SRT.
The 239 is definitely offered in SRT.
NO SRT is a deal breaker for me.
239 SAS for the win, unless the 225 is offered in SRT.

If you're talking 225A1, it comes with the SRT, although SIG website fails to mention it.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
For what its worth, the P239 SAS 9mm I own would be the last Sig I would part with.....

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P225, the 225A1, and the 239. They are all great nines and I would have trouble choosing one over the others. Right now I slightly favor the 239 but that's because I had it to the range only last week. Save your money and own all 3.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I would go with the 225a1. It's more comfortable than the 239. More durable (finish) then the original 225. To me the 239 grip is too thin and square. The 225a1 grip while thin is much more comfortable to me.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
I own all three as well. The 239 is just a bit shorter and a little more comfortable to carry AIWB.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned both and either will serve you well. I liked the 225 a little more as it is just a classic, although the 239 carries a little easier.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned both and I thought each was a great platform until I shot my S&W Shield 9mm. From then on the 225 and 239 sucked major ass. The Shield does it all at the same capacity and 10 ounces less. And it has a better trigger.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I've read that the 225-A1 was based on the 239 and the 225-A1 magazine fits the 239 9mm just fine but not vice versa. I finally shot my 239 SAS last week and it shot well. I will get the 225-A1 next. SRT is a plus. I would suggest a 225-A1 then get the 239 eventually. Id di try a rental 225-A1 and it shot better than the 239, for me anyways.

The earlier 225 that I had before had a weird trigger pull and it's been said they were designed for FMJs primarily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P239 with G10 checkered grips was my favorite 9 and most accurate, but seemed to feel a bit top heavy. The new P225-A1 and the extra 1/2 inch or so on the grip make it feel more balanced and its just as accurate. Hence I sold my P239. Both gems in the sig fleet you cant go wrong with either. I would love to see the P225-A1 in stainless.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I feel that with the addition of checkered G10 grips my 239 is a good CCW choice, it works well for me.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Own a P225 classic, P6 and P239, 9mm.
They are all my children and don't have a favorite.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone speak to an accuracy comparison between the P239 9mm and the P225A1?

I have an older 9mm P239 and it is very accurate for me, so if I went with a P225A1 I'd require it to be equally accurate.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok so I guess I'll get the first one I see at a deal. Prob a P239 as I know of one that seems like a good price, and it seems you guys like it a little better carry wise and I think that is my main reason for this one. I have bigger guns for the range like my 92FS that I sometimes carry so both of these are light in comparison, I also like a pistol with some weight (won't buy a poly) just want it a little more concealable.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The only downside to the 239 is the stock grips. When I finally plucked down the money for a set of Nills, it made all the difference in the world. I really like my 225, but the 239 is what I would be carrying if I hadn't gone polymer. I have a 40 cal with a 357 Sig barrel and a fitted bar sto conversion barrel. The 9mm conversion barrel is crazy accurate. Damn, now I'll have to take it out and shoot it!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
The P225 feels good in my hand, the P239, not so much. How do they fit yours?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post