SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    beretta 92/brig experts please chime in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

beretta 92/brig experts please chime in Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
https://dawsonprecision.com/be...-optic-front-sights/

the brigadier sights they have listed only go down to .130 but the brig elite goes to .115"... My 92FS Brig Inox hits about 2.13" low at 18 yards and Dawson's calculator says I need a .115" high front sight. anyone know the difference in these models? will the elite front sight fit the standard 92fs Brig dovetail? If so why are there different parts/models listed?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't Dawson know if the sights are interchangeable?

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I would contact Dawson as well. As it happens, I recently ordered 2 Dawson FO front sights, one for a Brigadier and one for a 92 Vertec.

The one for the Vertec seems fine but the one for the Brigadier (I have an original Elite and ordered the sight for the "Brigadier Elite") looks identical to the Vertec sight. The "problem" is that the dovetail on the Brig is deeper than the standard FS or Vertec slide so I'm not sure how well the sight said to be for the Brig will actually fit.

I can push the sight on to the Brig slide part of the way and it seems there will probably be a relatively large gap between the base of the sight and the slide.

To answer your question, I think the sight said to be for the Elite will fit the Brigadier because, to my knowledge, all Elite guns were made with the Brigadier slide, there isn't a "Brigadier" slide and a "Brigadier Elite" slide, they're the same. I guess the Dawson sights are the same too, they just list them separately on their website (though that is a guess on my part).

As for the sights I ordered, I haven't had time to do anything with them.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Wouldn't Dawson know if the sights are interchangeable?
Perhaps. past experience has told me that calling companies rarely results in good info, and I don't really like talking on the phone anyway. I guess I should call them. Big Grin

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
I would contact Dawson as well. As it happens, I recently ordered 2 Dawson FO front sights, one for a Brigadier and one for a 92 Vertec.

The one for the Vertec seems fine but the one for the Brigadier (I have an original Elite and ordered the sight for the "Brigadier Elite") looks identical to the Vertec sight. The "problem" is that the dovetail on the Brig is deeper than the standard FS or Vertec slide so I'm not sure how well the sight said to be for the Brig will actually fit.

I can push the sight on to the Brig slide part of the way and it seems there will probably be a relatively large gap between the base of the sight and the slide.

To answer your question, I think the sight said to be for the Elite will fit the Brigadier because, to my knowledge, all Elite guns were made with the Brigadier slide, there isn't a "Brigadier" slide and a "Brigadier Elite" slide, they're the same. I guess the Dawson sights are the same too, they just list them separately on their website (though that is a guess on my part).

As for the sights I ordered, I haven't had time to do anything with them.
thank you!