SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who wants to laugh at my expense....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who wants to laugh at my expense.... Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
So I started with a Glock, sold it and bought a Sig, followed by about five more. I soon decided I hated DA/SA; kept my favorite two, a W German 226 and a W German 225, and went back to Glock. Three of them.

Then S&W introduced the M&P and I dove in head first buying four of them and selling the Glock's.

Well, I live in ATL so when Glock introduced the 42 and 43 I sold the M&P's and bought Glock....again.

Now Sig has introduced the P320 and I since seem totally unable to correct my low left shooting, I was starting to think I should go back to Sig again.

Today at the range the guy next to me loaned me his P320. I put ten rounds into a tight circle exactly where I was aiming. I then Grabbed my G17 and put ten rounds two inches low left of my aim. Enough, time to stop struggling.

First one is gonna be a P320 Compact with a Medium size grip; I'll put Dawson FO's on it and go from there.

I laugh at my own stupidity.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
NOT stupidity. It is the natural evolution of learning.

I often say that we live in great times to own semi-automatic pistols. Great times by the fact that there are so many good choices out there. The days of only having a Smith 39, 1911 or BHP are long gone. There is no one pistol that is the grand master for everyone. Glad you found what works. Now, get out there and hit the fundamentals hard!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of us have been through or should say many of us have been through similar processes. There are some people who started with one brand and never wavered but firearm ownership to me is a continuing learning experience. What works one year for some reasons may not work the following year.

One difficulty for anyone is that there are so many choices and great choices and that. Please keep in mind the psychological factor also. If one is offered a choice of 5 different flavors of ice cream and you select one and start eating it he would report you were satisfied. Then if someone walks in with 10 different flavors of ice cream and ask you which one you want you will might very well selected different flavor. You then start eating it and report you are satisfied until someone walks in with 31 different flavors and ask you which one you want and again you choose a different one. We become accustomed to what we select one there are more choices out there we tend to gravitate towards the novelty.

The above is one explanation but the simpler one is we were always adjusting our tools to what we need at the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I live in ATLso when Glock introduced the 42 and 43 I sold the M&P's and bought Glock....again.

I followed everything except what living in Atlanta had to do with it. ??

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Glock's US HQ is in Smyrna, Ga. Atl suburb.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Glock's US HQ is in Smyrna, Ga. Atl suburb.

Yep, want anything fixed or looked at, just walk in. They'll do for free and give you a bunch of swag.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Three weeks ago I had no Glocks now I have 5, No sigs no browning hp or 1911. after shooting the g19 rtf2 I am hooked, now own the 19 23 32 30s and 43. These guns work for me like no other. just wish I wouldn't have had such a closed mind and waited so long.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Owned a Glock years back hated it gave it away. Give me a Sig any Sig I'm happy. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
my G17 and put ten rounds two inches low left of my aim. Enough, time to stop struggling.

same thing with my G34 despite years of struggle/practice. It doesn't like tight groups either for some reason.

agree, my technique is flawed; yet on 1911 etc that doesn't happen.

I'll post some field notes as the new 320RX comes on line.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
First in line, to buy your 320 Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I've sold and bought back Glocks so many times. M&P, PPQ, XD...when I started my love affair with CZ I finally decided to just keep my Glocks in the back of the safe.

They don't see daylight, but they're back there. I've decided that my Glocks are a baseline. I know I'll be back someday, so I'm simply refusing to sell them again.

Whatever my new hotness is, I will always have a full stable of Glocks waiting.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I've sold and bought back Glocks so many times. M&P, PPQ, XD...when I started my love affair with CZ I finally decided to just keep my Glocks in the back of the safe.

They don't see daylight, but they're back there. I've decided that my Glocks are a baseline. I know I'll be back someday, so I'm simply refusing to sell them again.

Whatever my new hotness is, I will always have a full stable of Glocks waiting.

Kinda what I'm thinking, I'll reduce my Glock count, but I'll keep at least some on the back of the safe.

posted Hide Post
Lesson here is: never sell, only buy

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
will always have a full stable of Glocks waiting.

BTDT......have managed to reduce *my* stable of Glocks to 'just one'...and there's no use in 'sending it away'......it's inert, it's beyond putrefaction or decay....entombed in the little factory sarcophagus thru the ages....till called upon again, to rise to the apex of ballistic wonderment...no wait...'combat accuracy' yes, ballistic wonderment, ok....it DOES fire nearly anything nearly every time and doesn't need full service preening & body lotion.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up selling a bunch of my Glocks and replaced them with either Beretta's, Sigs, or CZs. Including 3 G19's.

Still have a few Glocks and may end up getting a G19 MOS.

Everyone has to decide what works for them. I did the same as you, just over a longer period of time so I could afford to keep most of what I tried. Have 2 sons, and 2 nephews. If Trump doesn't make it in 2020, I will need guns to provide to them...politics may dwindle their choices.

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try burying your finger in the trigger guard. It works. Ask Pat McNamara why and he will tell ya.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
Try burying your finger in the trigger guard. It works. Ask Pat McNamara why and he will tell ya.

I've tried every type of finger and grip position possible, but thanks.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had the same problem also.

I found a flat trigger and it seemed to help.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
The good part is that for some reason people in GA have a hard on for all things GLOCK. So you'll most likely be able to make some money on them when you sell.

At least that's the way it was a couple years ago when I lived in Marietta.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
evolution

I can relate to what you are going through. Not laughing at all ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post