SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carry gun and specifically the trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry gun and specifically the trigger Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
These threads tend to become an exercise in throwing out bullshit excuses to justify a position on our preferred trigger system.

A DA trigger IS NOT "safer" than a non-tabbed striker fired pistol. You lay both on a table, neither just magically go off. You keep your finger off of the trigger, and neither go off.

A striker fired pistol IS NOT "easier" to use. Actually the DA pistol is a little more forgiving, but both trigger systems come down to being trained. Most people over value their trigger control anyway, so crappy trigger control often looks better on a striker fired gun.

There is trained. And there is untrained. Pick one.

Gotta agree with this. We used to carry the DA/SA P229 before we transitioned to the P320. I shot that gun enough that using the decocker was second nature to me...in fact, when we first transitioned to the P320, I found myself swiping my thumb to decock it after every string of fire, lol.

FWIW, I feel perfectly safe with the P320, too. Trigger safety is universal...I make sure it's safe whether it's a 5lb striker gun or a 24lb P6 pull. Don't go putting stuff inside the trigger guard when you're not supposed to, and it won't go bang.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m issued a Glock at work. I own and use strikers, DA/SA, 1911s etc. I train with all and have no issues swapping between guns.

Like previously said, it’s train or not.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am old school revolver. And cocked and locked 1911. I held off carrying on the light trigger striker guns until I trained enough to keep my finger off the trigger by habit until the gun was on target.
Despite all my hard work, my EDC P320 Compact is the Manual Safety model. Which is essentially cocked and locked like my 1911s.
Just an added measure of safety in case I relapse.
And those who have said that training and experience and not the trigger system are key to safe and effective use are dead on.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My FS P320 45 is not an ideal carry gun, but the original trigger was almost 1911-like; incredibly light and crisp. I would not have been completely comfortable carrying a gun with such a light trigger.

After the trigger recall/upgrade, the trigger is still pretty good, but nowhere near as light and crisp as the original. It is now comparable with the triggers on my M&Ps, Walther PPS, and XDs45.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post