SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question on spring of Glock 19 slide release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on spring of Glock 19 slide release Login/Join 
Member!
posted
So I just noticed on my Glock 19 Gen 4 that the spring of the slide release does not sit vertically against the side. The tail end of the slide release spring that pushes against the upper pin always is around the middle of the pin, instead of against the frame side. I can push it back over against the side, but a few pulls of the trigger and it always migrates back to the middle of the pin.

Is this a big deal? Slide release seems to have plenty of tension, just seems like the spring's tail end likes to migrate over a little since there is nothing holding it from moving other than tension, not like it is going to pop out or anything. This pistol has never had any functioning issues when shooting, I just happened to notice it, although it's probably been that way forever.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That is completely normal.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Ahh OK, good to know. I'll turn off my OCD about it! My one and only Glock, so no others to compare it to.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post