SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did the P320 Sub-Compact Disappear?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did the P320 Sub-Compact Disappear? Login/Join 
posted
I was just poking around on the Sig Web site. Noticed they no longer catalog P320 Sub-Compact models. TGS shows none, Osage County still has some in stock.

https://www.sigsauer.com/produ...rearms/pistols/p320/

Did the P365 run them out of town? Anybody know for sure?

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P320 X Compact has the Subcompact slide with a longer grip.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hard to say, obviously a millennial redesigned SIGs website with menus and pop ups.

I can't even stand to wade through it all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The subcompact with subcompact grip to me is a plastic P224.

The x-compact pistol is a subcompact with the x-compact frame (plus a couple of gizmo's).

As soon as the subcompact grip module became available, I put my subcompact in one, and quite like it. It was always just a bit big for pocket carry, but now it's perfect for waistband carry. A G26 competitor before, it's become a G19 competitor, like the compact, which is also using the same frame.

I would imagine that with the x-compact on the market and a lot of excitement around that, the market for the subcompact as a separate model probably dried up somewhat.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoke to CS yesterday and seemed to confirm that, stated the sub going forward was 365. The P320 isnt that small, as it is nearly as Big as my P07. Originally, either the P250 or P320 was shown in a much smaller configuration, I think it cataloged with a 3.1” barrel and smaller frame in the old original photos, that model never came to pass.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I just got an FDE SubCompact grip for my P320 .45 for... 10 bucks. Fron Sig, no less.
Damnned if the shipping was nearly as much as the grip!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The P320SC was always a bit of an odd duck, being not rather large and chunky for a so-called subcompact.

The P365 is a significantly better subcompact pistol than the P320SC.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
With the new X-Compact, the new 365XL and the 365, the SC has become the red-headed step child. Hard to see where it fits into the picture. I'm not surprised it's going away. I wouldn't be surprised to see the FS go away too - replaced by the Carry frame with the full size slide like the M17.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 P320SC's wearing X Compact grip modules. Pretty sure my SC grip modules are worthless.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
yes it was disctoninued. my shop has a used one for sale. I bought one rather than get the 365 since my main carry is a 320 carry and i can use the magazines!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input everybody.

I guess handguns are the same as every other product nowadays...here today, gone tomorrow.

After the P320 introduction in 2014, I waited until January 2015 to dip in. At that point they had been pretty thoroughly vetted by SF members like Bruce Gray and Jones. Bought a P320C 9mm, FS .40 X-Change, a SC grip module and a bunch of mags. Right now, I'd probably need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the P320 changes.

While I'm not averse to change, it starts to boggle the mind after a point. Obviously Sig is not the only manufacturer involved in continuous change of product lines.

I have to send my P320 back for the "Voluntary Upgrade". It will be interesting to see what they do about the SC grip module. Hope they have some in inventory. If not, maybe they'll send me a free P365 instead. Smile

Maybe the solution is to stick with MilSpec 1911's (joking). Some of the modularity of the P320 has been compromised over the last couple of years due to X-Change pricing, 9/40/357 versus .45 ACP FCU's, discontinued grip frames, etc. I still like the platform, but things are quite different from when I first bought.

Since this is the Sig Forum, I won't even get into Glocks... In the words (lyrics) of Bob Dylan (1964), "The Times They Are a-Changin." Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

End of philosophical mini-rant...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
The P320 X Compact has the Subcompact slide with a longer grip.

SIG specs have the X Compact with a 3.9 inch barrel, the Subcompact with a 3.5 barrel and the compact with a 3.86 barrel. Is it possible that the X compact and X carry have the same slide? I've got an xcarry and the slide will fit on a SC grip with a small gap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This variant of the P320 has always struck me as "neither fish nor fowl." In other words, it is difficult to see a niche for it, more so now with the introduction of the P365, a true subcompact.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG specs have the X Ccompact with a 3.9 inch and the Subcompact with a 3.5 and the compact with a 3.86

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-nitron-compact.html

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad, I liked that size. Fortunately, I have several and bought sc modules for my compacts. My wife carries the sc daily.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I moved my SC slide/barrel to an X-Compact frame. I have another SC slide/barrel that is waiting for an incoming FCU. I have another X-Compact frame and a few SC frames kicking around ... Still deciding which I'll put.

Here's another question: Does this mean that, going forward, the only SC-size slides available will be the X-Compact type?

On a side note, if the G26 is recognized as a subcompact, why isn't the P320 SC? They're very similar in size, especially given the tendency of G26 owners to add mag extensions.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

On a side note, if the G26 is recognized as a subcompact, why isn't the P320 SC? They're very similar in size, especially given the tendency of G26 owners to add mag extensions.

The P320 SC is recognized as a sub compact.

That's why it's called the Sig P320 Sub Compact.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
SIG specs have the X Ccompact with a 3.9 inch and the Subcompact with a 3.5 and the compact with a 3.86

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-xcompact.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-nitron-compact.html

weird, my x carry pro manual has different specs.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since all you need for a SC 320 is a 30 dollar grip module, I dint think the SC is dead. The slide is clearly still being made and the fcu is the same. They already paid for the molds so the SC isn’t going anywhere.

I like mine.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The P320 SC isn't that much smaller than a G19, so it's clearly not super SC. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post