SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did the P320 Sub-Compact Disappear?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did the P320 Sub-Compact Disappear? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just under a half inch difference in legnth between the subcompact and the compact; the grip module for the subcompact is considerably smaller. Mine felt like an afterthought; just a small paddle to hand on to while mnipulating the trigger, but it was small enough to fit in a pocket or ankle holster.

With the x-compact grip module, it makes a lot more sense to me, and with 15 rounds, more useful, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The P320 SC is recognized as a sub compact.

That's why it's called the Sig P320 Sub Compact.

Well, yeah, but I was responding to the people who say "Well, it's not really a subcompact" as the reason why it was dropped.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
weird, my x carry pro manual has different specs.

Yes, because it has the compact upper, not the sub-compact upper. It is an X-Carry not a X-Compact. Makes sense, right? Now, if you put a Compact upper on a X-Compact grip frame would you have a X-Compact/Carry or a Carry/X-Compact? Maybe you would have a Sub-X-Carry

Here it is: My X-Carry/Compact

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The P320 SC is recognized as a sub compact.

That's why it's called the Sig P320 Sub Compact.

Well, yeah, but I was responding to the people who say "Well, it's not really a subcompact" as the reason why it was dropped.

My guess is so that they could sell more 365's wich is the same size, same ammo capacity with a little better trigger. But I wanted to be able to use 320 mags!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
weird, my x carry pro manual has different specs.

Yes, because it has the compact upper, not the sub-compact upper. It is an X-Carry not a X-Compact. Makes sense, right? Now, if you put a Compact upper on a X-Compact grip frame would you have a X-Compact/Carry or a Carry/X-Compact? Maybe you would have a Sub-X-Carry

Here it is: My X-Carry/Compact

Nice looking pistol, mine looks just like it. But, my manual has the specs of all the p320s. So if I am reading you correctly, you are saying the X-compact comes with a SC slide?

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
you are saying the X-compact comes with a SC slide?

Yes! The X-Compact grip also is smaller in circumference than the X-Carry or X5 grip frames.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
you are saying the X-compact comes with a SC slide?

Yes! The X-Compact grip also is smaller in circumference than the X-Carry or X5 grip frames.

Now I understand. Thanks

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is the only real constant with SIG Sauer - discontinued models in short periods of time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post