SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Compact did its job
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Compact did its job Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Front Sight's four day defensive hand gun shooting test. Forth time for me and one of my goals was t ace this test. It may be cheating but my P320 compact has a Romeo sight on it. I've determined the best/fastest way to acquire the sight is to use the iron sights first and then use the red dot.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! What distance?

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
Nice shooting! What distance?

If I recall correctly, 3 to 15 yards, from the holster, for time.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Head shots are from 5 to 7 meters torso area is from 3 to 15.
Would not be difficult except you are drawing from concealed on each and each is timed... from 1.4 to 2.9. Torso shots are always two.

What I always blow is the malfunction tests... there are so many moves to clearing a jam (brass high & brass low) including moving to one side and checking for a spare magazine..... it seems perfectly simple on paper but my brain can't ingrain it into my muscle memory.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent job ! How was the weather ? We are hoping to go there in April !

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The malfunction test times are very short. I have DG'd that course twice and making time on the malfunctions is always very difficult.
Nice shooting!

Please post the next time you are heading out to Pahrump. Maybe we could partner up for a class.

My wife is taking a half-dozen nurses out there for their first class (not her first) on 1/25-1/26.

Well done!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Like I said, weather was good.... cold the first day but we know to dress in layers... got lucky actually rained the day before and we drove through heavy snow the night before going over the mountains coming from Vegas.
My goal is to make DG, I was hoping to do it this time, but like I said, flubbed the malfunction test. We always do the first weekend in December Friday through Monday and we need some folks to join... two guys backed out this time and so we only had 17... it would be cool to get a full class. I may have mentioned this... if anyone is interested in taking a first time class... don't even think about paying the advertised price... most classes I can give you and also I think I can give even memberships to folks... Dr. P keeps giving me these things but I can't figure out what to do with them.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"