SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s your ccw choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your ccw choice? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
From duty belt to IWB, G17 or HK VP9.

Posts: 717 | Location: Keystone State  | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
P220 Carry Elite for the past 8 years. Old habits die hard but I am leaning towards switching over to my P226 Legion SAO or perhaps a P220 Legion SAO.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summer time as of this weekend means Smith and Wesson 342 Airlite .38.
In Fall, I start back with CZ Rami, Glock 43 or CZ PCR depending on the weather.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 938 or P365. Usually the 938 as I shoot it better and have more confidence in the design..

Posts: 60 | Location: lex, ky | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For years it was a HK45c. Then I lost a bunch of weight and couldn't hide it as well so a P30sk took over.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I voted P365 and mini 9mm because there is no question it carries easier than a bulkier heavier pistol, but there is something to be said about having the extra capacity that a larger double stack provides.

Having just picked up an X Compact, I can tell you that it is the companion to my P365. I feel like between those two pistols I can carry discretely in varying modes of dress.

Both those pistols have a tremendous amount of firepower in a small footprint.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1737 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Usually my 229 Scorpion in 9mm. I will go with my 226 Tacops in .357sig when I have more clothing. spare mag or two with either carry.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Winter spring summer or fall... One gun does it all... Glock 19 Gen 3. It's completely stock. I decided on One Gun for Carry for me... . So far I have not been disappointed.

Our weather runs from the 20's to the 110's throughout the year.. I make it work most often with the simple Raven Concealment trigger guard holster with a snap loop at 3:30.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Winter spring summer or fall... One gun does it all... Glock 19 Gen 3. It's completely stock. I decided on One Gun for Carry for me... . So far I have not been disappointed.

There's an old-west saying, "beware the man with one gun; he probably knows how to use it."

I think there's a lot of truth in that.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:

HK P2000 for me. Carry, bedside, backup etc. I have lots of guns and enjoy them all but the P2K is my chosen do all practical gun. It’s my hammer fired DA/SA Glock 19/23.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have pocket carried a LCPii for the last 18 months but just purchased a P365 w/safety. Once I get 3-400 rounds thru it, I will most likely switch to the P365 75% of the time.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

P320 compact with Ameriglo sights, Apex curved advanced forward set trigger, with Mitch Rosen leather.

Left the blazing dumpster fire of of taxes, corruption and tyranny that is Illinois, for freedom in Florida.

Posts: 12 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Work is a G23. Off the clock it's a Walther PPS in a sweet Exodus IWB if it's cool enough for a cover garment. If not, it's a 642 in an A-holster.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently a P220 carry or G19 but I’m tired of the noticeable weight all the time. REALLY want a P365 but living in CA, only obtainable by getting absolutely raped at $1500-$2K. Unreal. Looks like I will have to settle for 2nd choice, Shield 9. My dream would be a miniature P220 to get DA/SA around 17oz like the P365 but doesn’t appear anything like that exists without more weight.

Posts: 1 | Location: Riverside CA | Registered: November 25, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Of the choices offered, the p365. Great gun. Easy to shoot, easy to conceal, plenty of reasonably effective ammo on board. It's replaced the G19 as my ideal compromise gun.

But most days when I'm not on the clock I find myself carrying a full size 1911 of one flavor or another. I just prefer them and shoot them better than any other option.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
As it stands today - 2 years since I started this survey - I’m carrying my G43 or a G26.3 with a 43X mixed in occasionally.

I’m considering a P365Xl for the straight trigger, or a P2000SK as well to have a little different option as well…

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time marches on. I sold my .40 P250 to a WWII Vet I have a great deal of respect for.
Current carry is my P320 .45C with manual safety. I put a Sig flat trigger in it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Like asking boxers or briefs, depends.

I think Depends are only available as boxers. Big Grin

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Either my HK USP45 or my Glock 45.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I've always been stubborn and carried a thing steel framed firearm...so a 1911 Smile

When I get home though I'm our of the 45 game. I'll also be in Maryland as an out of stater so no CCW.

But when I retire it will be a P220-10.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post