SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What’s your ccw choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your ccw choice? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I will be carrying my new 365 more often than not this summer. I like my G19 Gen5 when wearing heavier clothes during fall/winter.

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In loose clothes I've been enjoying my 19.5 MOS but I'm considering a G19/26 cut down or just a 26 for a smaller gun.

Posts: 3032 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I carried a 228 for years. As I get older I have switched it up to a Kimber Micro 9. It’s a lot smaller, lighter and easier to conceal.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4019 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Kahr PM9.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Current CCW has been a PPS for the last few years, before that it was a PM9 for a decade. I have been courting a new piece as of late - a CZ PCR. Being in California, many things are not available, but I would like to try a G43x.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
I live in Florida where we have warm/hot weather 11 1/2 months out of the year so shorts and light clothing are the attire unless absolutely necessary. That leads me to gravitate to smaller handguns which are typically my Sig P365, Shield M2.0, HK VP9SK and Glock 19. Of those, the P365 gets the most carry time followed by the VP9SK. It used to be a P938 until I made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it.....

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
My favorite pocket pistol is my J frame, .38. Other than that it would be my Shield or Pico.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5021 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Why in the heck would you only offer one Sig as a choice here on a Sig Forum? I think you need to go over to a Glock forum, I presume they have them.

For me my CCW choice is a Sig P239 with Crimson Trace Grips. I got to this point after: Sig P230, Ruger LCP9, Sig P290, Sig P250.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your poll was a little flawed. My primary carry is a P938 in my pocket.
Pre-Texas it was a P239 357 IWB and P938 BUG in pocket. Just too hot most of the year (for me) to carry IWB or OWB.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When going in to the country(farms) the SP 2022 in 357 Sig is with me, plus 2 extra mags. Running around for errands and grocery store, I have my HK VP9SK with 1 extra Mag.

Posts: 49 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: July 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
I voted. 2 Main carry pieces are G26 and J-Frame

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 48 right now in a PJ holster. 2 months from now when it's hot, probably carry the Kahr K9.
Cold weather is the 19X.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
90% of the time it is one of 5 H&K's with the P30 and P2000 in.40S&W being my favorites. On very rare occasion a Kahr PM9 and I have tried a Dan Wesson Bobtail .45ACP but I don't like a safety on my EDC however the DW is a great gun.

Recently I purchases a P365 and after testing I'm betting it may join a regular rotation. Just from feel and reports it is a really nice gun.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When I carry...Winter it's my Ed Brown Commander sized in .45 acp. Rest of the time it's my P-365.

I carry a real array when I go afield; usually my 3" M-66 or my 3" 696 .44 special. But when I go west over the Divide to visit my Cousin he's in grizzly country then I take my one of the .44 mag revolvers or my 220 in 10mm as well as bear spray.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My primary urban carry handgun is a government model 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm. My secondary pocket carry handgun is a Sig P938 9mm.

My primary woods conceal carry handgun is a 4" S&W 29-2 .44 magnum. My primary woods open carry handgun is an 8" Colt Anaconda .44 magnum.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either a 5" 1911 .45, or Sig P226ST 9mm. I have a few smaller options for when being discrete matters, but preference is bigger stuff. The mid size and compacts just aren't that much more comfy, and I shoot the full size guns better.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
While there's other pistols, ( and even the occasional revolver ) in my CC line up, I pretty much carry my 365 daily, as a primary carry at work, and a BUG for other occasions.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Why in the heck would you only offer one Sig as a choice here on a Sig Forum? I think you need to go over to a Glock forum, I presume they have them.

Roll Eyes

You must be new here.

Currently I carry a Gen 4 Glock 32. I bought a 19 Gen 5 and will probably carry it once I feel its reliable. Im a little concerned about over penetration with the 357 sig.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 645 in a galco shoulder rig and a detonic combat master in a ankle holster

Posts: 149 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
I CCW a STI 2011 9mm with a 27rd mag in the summer and a Sig MPX pistol with a 30rd mag in the winter when I can wear baggy clothes.

I keep a locked briefcase with a folding SCAR 17 in my trunk.
I might or might not be kidding Big Grin

Posts: 395 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post