SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    92X QC Issues
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92X QC Issues Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dude. Call Beretta. They are probably going to tell you it is in spec. Maybe they say send it in. Doubt they will pay shipping though. Advice you didn’t ask for. Sell the gun. You aren’t going to be happy it seems. Go buy another Beretta but this time check the gap before you transfer.

Or shoot the gun, put some scratches on it, rub some finish off during practice draws. Soon you will forget all about the horrible misalignment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems many newer Berettas are coming through with bores that are really poorly finished. I have seen a half dozen or so that looked like the surface of a No.2 file. Kind of shocking actually. My own 92X is like this, although I have to say it shoots well. Very difficult to clean. Sort of like the alignment issue. Problem is mostly between the ears. But is sure doesn't contribute to pride of ownership.

Posts: 76 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobs:
It seems many newer Berettas are coming through with bores that are really poorly finished. I have seen a half dozen or so that looked like the surface of a No.2 file. Kind of shocking actually. My own 92X is like this, although I have to say it shoots well. Very difficult to clean. Sort of like the alignment issue. Problem is mostly between the ears. But is sure doesn't contribute to pride of ownership.

Yea, my 92x has a kind of rough looking bore. Shoots fine though. But my m9a3 and m9 have very nice, smooth, bores.

OP, that's pretty ugly I agree. Most likely beretta won't do anything, but you could always email CS the pics. My 92x cent is centered. My m9a3 is a little off and m9 is perfect. Is the milling on the front of the slide even? It looks like one side has a different angle from the front.

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capt. carl:
quote:
Originally posted by dobs:

Yea, my 92x has a kind of rough looking bore. Shoots fine though. But my m9a3 and m9 have very nice, smooth, bores.

OP, that's pretty ugly I agree. Most likely beretta won't do anything, but you could always email CS the pics. My 92x cent is centered. My m9a3 is a little off and m9 is perfect. Is the milling on the front of the slide even? It looks like one side has a different angle from the front.

The milling is okay...probably just the glare / oil. I contacted Beretta CS and waiting for a call back. I dont think it will go anywhere, but Ill keep ya'll posted. Beretta has already addressed the issued, even so far as to making it a FAQ on the site.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
I'm still having trouble posting pics on this site, but I wanted ya'll to see it at least. I posted a few pics on another forum. If links from other forums are frowned upon please let me know and Ill delete it.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/f...?194196-92X-QC-Issue

IN the future, after you post a picture on another board you can copy it's link and reuse that here to bring up your image,

• Right click on that image on the other board,
  • select copy image address,
  • then come here to your thread,
  • open a post,
  • select the Image tile from the bar at the top (third from right) click it,
  • right click in the open box,
  • select paste into the open box,
  • click ok
  • save post

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks normal to me. Take it out and shoot it and you will see how accurate it is.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Dude. Call Beretta. They are probably going to tell you it is in spec. Maybe they say send it in. Doubt they will pay shipping though. Advice you didn’t ask for. Sell the gun. You aren’t going to be happy it seems. Go buy another Beretta but this time check the gap before you transfer.

Or shoot the gun, put some scratches on it, rub some finish off during practice draws. Soon you will forget all about the horrible misalignment.
this

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Berettas garbage quality control, especially out of the Tennessee plant is why I passed on a new beretta. I went to 4 different stores, handled a couple guns at each one. All of them either had that misalignment, or machine marks inside the frame. One even had metal shavings fall out onto the counter when I pulled the slide off.

I’m sorry but for the cost of these guns it’s just not acceptable, if you look at older berettas you won’t find these kinds of problems, at least not nearly as often. I ended up with a used M9 that’s absolutely perfect and it looked like it had never been shot so I lucked out.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta has addressed this so often they had to make it a FAQ. They state it wont affect accuracy. Fine....it still looks like $hit. How can a century old company who got it right for so long get it wrong so often since their move to Tennessee. I digress. Now the take down lever is pretty much frozen. If i lock the slide back I have to use an extreme amount of force to get it to swing down. This is the final straw...it's going back to Tennessee.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re supposed to lower the takedown lever with the slide forward

Posts: 25 | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you are full of shit. If you lived locally I would lay a 20 dollar bet on the table that I could disassemble your gun without the force you describe and I would win. You have been angry from the beginning. Nonsensical even. If you didn’t like the gun why the fuck did you buy it or transfer it? Oh, because you were too stupid to look over the gun before you did the paperwork? At this point it’s not even clear if you have shot the gun. Oh the guns going back. Beretta is a good company, they might make you happy. They might not either because the only problem is the guy behind the gun.

Based on this thread, you guys would go nuts if you ever bought a CZ. Poor finish, machine marks, you guys would lose your mind if I handed you a 75.

So to recap. Your rant is childish and misguided. Don’t transfer a gun if you think it is a quality control issue. For fucks sake at least shoot a gun before deciding it’s crap. And lastly, the takedown lever is frozen? Bullshit. I haven’t read the owners manual in a 92 since I was a kid 30+ years ago so I don’t know what it says but I’ve never locked the slide back to disassemble a 92. Try the slide forward. It’s a simple cam bolt that rotates with a flat edge. Not much that can go wrong. I think you are the problem.

I said this a week ago. Sell the gun, in this market you probably won’t lose much if anything, get some other gun to bitch about.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OMG, quality is shit, but I haven't shot it for accuracy. OMG, I locked the slide back, and it took extreme force to swing down the TDL. Is this thread a joke?

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, I’ve settled down. Oops. No I haven’t. Is no one even going to call bullshit on your pictures? Wtf? They are clearly manipulated to make the gap seem worse. The fucking barrel in the picture is a friggin OVAL. I actually put a measure up against my screen to verify my eyeballs. The picture shows an oval barrel. I think we have found the problem. Beretta sucks. They are selling oval barrels, they are going to kill someone with this nonsense.

posted Hide Post
All of my Beretta 92s exhibit this to some degree, including a 2003 92FS Operation Enduring Freedom Navy Commemorative pistol, 2005 Commercial M9, a 2017 Wilson Combat Centurion Tactical, and a 2020 92X Performance, as did the decades old USGI M9 the Army loaned me during an extended visit to Afghanistan. All of them would shoot the center out of a target with good quality ammo if I did my part. It's not an issue.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My 1993 92FS barrel is off-center with the slide at the muzzle as well (wider gap on one side than the other). It's disgustingly accurate, and shoots to point of aim. This is a non-issue.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Alright, I’ve settled down. Oops. No I haven’t. Is no one even going to call bullshit on your pictures? Wtf? They are clearly manipulated to make the gap seem worse. The fucking barrel in the picture is a friggin OVAL. I actually put a measure up against my screen to verify my eyeballs. The picture shows an oval barrel. I think we have found the problem. Beretta sucks. They are selling oval barrels, they are going to kill someone with this nonsense.

I'll call BULLSHIT.....I've got 2 dozen 92's, 5 or more are from LTT and none look like this. So this is a total joke of a thread and pics.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we know if the barrel “can” be centered by replacing the locking block?

Yes, agreed that this does not effect function, but out of curiosity sake.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve never tried it myself but there had previously been a few thread discussing it on the Beretta Forum. It makes sense since the locking block is the piece that interacts with the frame, slide, and barrel.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about all you guys but I look at the other end of my gun when I'm shooting.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No reason to bring this idiotic thread back from the dead. This guy cut and pasted all his complaints over on Beretta forum as well. Still not sure if he ever shot it or not. Oh brother.