SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P290... Why wasn't it more popular?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P290... Why wasn't it more popular? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
quote:
Originally posted by c350z:
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
quote:
Originally posted by c350z:
Reliability issues.

Please expond on this.

When the 290 first came out, our agency got a batch to issue as back up guns or for office personnel. They had so many issues with reliability, ie failure to feed, failure to eject, dead triggers, etc they sent them all back, and never ordered more.

Just so we're clear, these were the original P290's. Before it was known for light primer strikes,and before the pistol was reworked by Sig and became the P290RS,and before it has now proven itself reliable. That pistol? Just want to get it straight in my mind.
My RS experience erratic ejection and the trigger pull varied from dry to life fire for some reason.

If you call that proven reliable, ok.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My RS experience erratic ejection and the trigger pull varied from dry to life fire for some reason.

My Glock experienced erratic ejection and the trigger had so much creep that the pull essentially varied from dry fire to live fire.

The Glock erratic ejection problem was so widespread that it earned it's own moniker of Brass To Face. And with Glock not doing anything about BTF, aftermarket parts to fix BTF were introduced.

I'm sure you wouldn't carry a gun that wasn't proven reliable. Wink

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post