Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 85BB Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I for one like the Beretta 84F a lot. I bought one that was Israeli surplus a few years ago. I didn’t intend any serious use, just scratching an itch for a gun I wanted when I was young.
However, shooting changed that opinion...
To the point that my 84F is clipped IWB right now, loaded with 14 Underwood +P XTP’s.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I am not a .380 fan. I have a lot of .32 in the ammo closet and 3 different Beretta 81s, an 85, a P232 in .380 and a Sig .238. I much much prefer the .32, and would happily trade+ to get a P230 or P232 (Japanese Police?) in .32.

That said, my .380 Beretta is the the best of the bunch. Probably warm up to it with more range time, but I love my Berettas. I am missing an 86 (.380) and a nice 92...have an original police import that I really really like. Something modern would be cool.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the BDA barrel. I would say it dropped right in but even the factory barrel needs to be coddled into place. Very tight gun that nickel 85. Thanks guys.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can never go wrong with a Cheetah, in my opinion.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Just got the BDA barrel. I would say it dropped right in but even the factory barrel needs to be coddled into place. Very tight gun that nickel 85. Thanks guys.

Nice! My 81 got into town Saturday, but the USPS idiots tried to drop it off at 8:45am, and my FFL doesn't open until 10:00. Of course they couldn't be bothered to try later in the day, despite the hours clearly posted on the front door. He's closed Sun, Mon, Tues...so hopefully they deliver Wed and don't decide they've tried too many times and ship it back where it came from Mad.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I just went into my LGS to pick up some $$$$ from consignment gun being sold. Gave it back to him for an Uberti Stallion 6 shot 22 Colt SAA clone. Only thing I regret is it isn’t a brass framed version. As I was there though my Beretta 84 hasn’t sold yet and I considered having him pull it. I don’t want to try and find 81 mags though. It’s a pain in the ass in a 10 round mag state.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gave it back to him for an Uberti Stallion 6 shot 22 Colt SAA clone.

Funny how that works Big Grin!

Well, I got lucky...My LGS apparently changed his hours back to his old pre-covid hours when I wasn't paying attention, so he was open yesterday and I was able to pick the gun up. I had to work all night, and I'm going to be pretty slammed with work through Sunday, but I'll do a full write-up with pics once I get a chance to take it to the range and wring it out. Overall it's better than I expected...was well-cared for and even slathered with packing grease from wherever it came from.

As to 81 mags, there are some on gunbroker right now, and Rguns has some as well, but they're all 12-round, which I guess won't do you much good. I ordered a couple because I'm not confident this batch will be around long. GregCote has 10 round MecGar 84 mags that you might be able to convert to work in a .32 if you really wanted to....but I imagine your 85 with the conversion barrel will scratch the .32 itch just fine.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post