SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 x-5 sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 x-5 sights Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I am looking to probably purchasing a p320 X-5 really soon and was wondering if those of you who have one already of you have noticed the front Dawson FO sight is too high? I have read that some people are having to max out the elevation on the rear sight and still shooting way low due to a too high factory set front sight. It was also reported that Sig was aware and was sending out new x-5 320's with lower front sights to correct issue. I called them and they did not know about it though so I figured I'd ask here.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sights were fine on mine. My problem is the front fiber was too small for my eyes to pick up quickly, so I went the Vortex Venom 6 MOA route.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^so you didn't have to elevate your rear to the top?

posted Hide Post
I did have to adjust the rear sight, but I did not reach the limit. Sighted at 10 yds with dot centered on target.

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anush, did the Vortex mount straight to your X-5 or did you use a plate? Been looking at that red dot not sure how it mounted. Thanks

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ihad to max out my elevation for the stock front blade (.235). I ahve since put a Romeo1 on and have ordered a wider .195 front blade from Dawson.

Posts: 59 | Location: Fairfax, VA 5min to NRAHQ | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fiancee shoots one in uspsa, we have had to raise the rear sight a lot. I think we are at 11 "clicks" or so. Otherwise the gun is fantastic. But I do wish they would sight them in before they send them out.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^so it looks like then there is some truth at least that the front sight may be too tall. How many clicks are there before the screw pops out? 11 seems like it would be close to the limit

posted Hide Post
quote:
Anush, did the Vortex mount straight to your X-5 or did you use a plate?

http://shop.springerprecision....ory.sc?categoryId=89

Another member used the Vortex Venom & I followed what he did.

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
^^^^so it looks like then there is some truth at least that the front sight may be too tall. How many clicks are there before the screw pops out? 11 seems like it would be close to the limit

I don't know, but it's pretty high now. And we aren't pro's, it seems to shoot very accurately now but we haven't zeroed it at 25 yards or anything like that.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

posted Hide Post
Mine needed to be adjusted out of the box.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
So it seems that though it is possible to sight it in they should have gone with a lower front sight. I think the stock one is .252 and Dawson said he next one down was .202 or something.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
So it seems that though it is possible to sight it in they should have gone with a lower front sight. I think the stock one is .252 and Dawson said he next one down was .202 or something.

Yeah, I think the front sight is wrong,at least on some of them. Seems to me if you put x5 on a gun you should sight it in before it leaves the factory.