SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carry RMR cleaning.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carry RMR cleaning. Login/Join 
Press hard,
Three copies
posted
So is everyone just using standard scope camera lens cleaning products to clean RMR’s, specifically Trijicon RMR’s and Sig Romeo1’s? I’ve got a Leupold lens pen and some individually wrapped camera lens cleaning wipes I’ve used on other optics. Any concerns to using these? Especially since this is looking like it will be at least a monthly event.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I use compressed air and a squeeze bulb with brush to blow out the dust and lint where it seems to collect on the shooter-side of the lens. I do this every few days as it seems to add up quickly.

I've used camera lens cleaning fluid and microfiber without any ill-effects. I've only done this five or six times over the past couple years, and my RMR guns gets shot a lot and carried daily.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I wipe it with my shirt about 10 times a day.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how you're carrying but do you find it getting banged around more than a non-rmr gun?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Hadn’t thought of an air duster but that should help greatly. The main issue is the dust etc. collecting on the shooter side of the lense. Just imagine all that lint that collects behind the hammer being spread across your sight picture. The muzzle side just gets a little blow back from the ejection port but it doesn’t seem too bad.

I carry in a Rosen 5JR OWB and after a few months I don’t recall banging into anything. Though I’m used to having a full Sam Browne on for work so that helps with spatial awareness. The hood of the optic has definitely become the main issue for possible printing and I did have to move the gun slightly forward on my belt to compensate.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use regualar eye glass cleaning stuff I get with new glasses. quick wipe and its gtg. For me it takes a few days for it to get to the point I care. I shut the RMR off once a day to get out of the silly auto crap so I look at it then and decide. And if there is nothing useful around I go with the Pittwm method of my shirt... The one I carry has the opposite problem of the ones I shoot where the debris is on the front. At the matches I use these prewetted wipes.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post