SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range time with my new Glock 19.5 and M&P 2.0 Compact...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range time with my new Glock 19.5 and M&P 2.0 Compact... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
I shot both my new G19.5 next to the M&P 2.0 Compact today, total of 800 rounds, 400 rounds evenly split. Took a while as I only have four M&P mags, plenty of Glock mags...brought seven with me. There were zero malfunctions of any kind and both were a joy to shoot IMO.

I will say the 19.5 shot like a Glock, I was more accurate with it as I am used to shooting Glocks but the 2.0 Compact was a bit easier to shoot with its ergo's, light trigger. It was a bit more difficult to feel/hear the reset than the Glock but still, good enough for what it is. I do like the lack of finger grooves on the 19.5, my favorite thing about it. The finish would be next. I see no difference in accuracy between this Gen 5 and my other Glocks...all are more accurate than I could ever be as a shooter.

However, one big negative was the BTF and light ejection pattern of the lighter 115gr ammo. Now I shoot Glocks all the time, as I have a few and none put brass to my face, even with lighter ammo. The 124gr FMJ and all self defense loads ejected normally. However, as I shot more, the brass started to eject properly, though still not as strong as the hotter ammo. The 2.0 had no issues with the ejection pattern, no matter the ammo. Regardless, both are keepers, I am a Glock fanboy but this new 2.0 is an excellent alternative. Biggest negative about the 2.0 is the gritty take up and rough grip texture. Not for shooting, it worked great but for conceal carry, on the skin, not the best feeling.

The ammo broke down like this:
Blazer Aluminum 115gr FMJ: 200
WWB 124gr NATO: 200
Remington Brass 115gr FMJ: 100
Critical Duty 135gr JHP: 100
Speer Gold Dot 124+p JHP: 50
Gold Sabre 124+p BJHP: 50
Federal 115 +p+ JHP: 50
HST 147gr JHP: 50

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Did you have BTF with all the 115gr? They only time I’ve had it in my Gen3 is with the aluminum stuff.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Did you have BTF with all the 115gr? They only time I’ve had it in my Gen3 is with the aluminum stuff.

All of it and only the 115gr...the ejection was erratic with it. It went up, left, straight back, would dribble out, etc. I though maybe it was me so I tightened the grip...same effect. The 124gr and all SD ammo was fine.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had federal 115gr aluminum eject erratic and in your face with even my stock Gen2 19. Tula is more consistent than that stuff.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:

I've had federal 115gr aluminum eject erratic and in your face with even my stock Gen2 19. Tula is more consistent than that stuff.

I like Tula ammo, none was available for purchase the other day. Maybe Walmart. The worst ammo was the brown box Remington ammo, for $10.99 a box (50), probably a reason.

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I have not had any BTF with my G19.5 but the only 115gr I have used so far is Fiocchi. Everything else has been mostly 124gr and some 147gr. Mine has positive, consistent ejection.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post