SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will one-piece grip fit 229 DAK?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will one-piece grip fit 229 DAK? Login/Join 
posted
Or is it incompatible with the DAK guts?

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I have the E2 grip from TGS on my 229 DAK.

Shot it today, as a matter of fact. Snug and very nice grip.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SWEET. I'm outta the loop, but found TGS in the search function. Top Gun Supply Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VictorLouis,

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DAK and E2 work fine together. Before we transitioned to P320's, my solution for small handed shooters was to put E2's on their P226 DAK's.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
E2 went on the DAK P226 with perfect fit.

E2 was slightly loose on the DAK P229; could feel it shift ever so slightly when gripped.

Nice lady at Sig suggested heating with hair dryer, install, and wrap grip with tape or bands until it cooled. Worked quite well.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem, as others have posted. The only difference between DAK and DA/SA is the internals and lack of a safety lever. That's it. External frame dimensions are identical.

If you get E2's, be aware of this. Be EXTREMELY careful when installing and removing them. It is very easy to damage the TBS (trigger bar spring). Use a thin plastic shim of some type placed between the grip and TBS.

Also, the hammer strut and seat are different due to E2 clearance issues. You can use your existing hammer spring.

Here's what you need. Don't know if it can be found from other vendors at a cheaper price.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...it-for-p229-dak.html

The above is true for DA/SA Sigs. I'm presuming it's also the case for DAK. Yeah, TGS is one of the best vendors out there.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K.O.A.M. that's music to my ears. I am JUST AT the limit of my reach with the standard trigger. While the short-reach trigger would seem to be the answer, they do nothing but cause pinch. NOT conducive to good practice, LOL.

TGS is out, and their e-sponse back to me didn't suggest anything in the future. Meanwhile, I ordered a set of Hogue G2's with a return-option, just to see. If anyone can recommend another vendor, I am all-ears.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
K.O.A.M. that's music to my ears. I am JUST AT the limit of my reach with the standard trigger. While the short-reach trigger would seem to be the answer, they do nothing but cause pinch. NOT conducive to good practice, LOL.

TGS is out, and their e-sponse back to me didn't suggest anything in the future. Meanwhile, I ordered a set of Hogue G2's with a return-option, just to see. If anyone can recommend another vendor, I am all-ears.

Check with GrayGuns for their "Intermediate" trigger, or whatever it's called nowadays. Shorter reach than standard plus a better shape. Less likely to displace in DA mode.

I've used every grip/trigger combo possible. My reach problem was solved with G10's and the original GrayGuns Intermediate trigger. Hated E2's, use G10 now on P229 and P226's. Tried Sig OEM short reach trigger, hated it (pinch).

Current combo of G10's and GrayGuns trigger place the trigger finger closer to the trigger face. Solved my reach problems.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
Or is it incompatible with the DAK guts?

They work fine. I have been looking for standard two piece grips for a P229 DAK. I have a like new E2 grip and would be interested in a trade if you didnt plan on keeping the two-piece grips.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
If you ae going to install E2's, watch the instructional video linked to TGS webpage.

https://youtu.be/UDDCHhVCzdU

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post