SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do any LEO agencies or groups use 10mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do any LEO agencies or groups use 10mm Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I think the Virginia state police still carry the P229R in .357 sig. I haven’t heard any plans to change. FWIW, the asshole delegate Levine who drafted the AWB/Mag capacity ban set the round capacity limit at 12 because that’s the Capacity of the VASP sigs

Once again shows how idiotic and arbitrary mag capacity bans are

quote:
Originally posted by jljones

The 357 SIG is still in use by the Federal Air Marshals. For a little while longer......

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Chesterfield Co Va used the Smith 1076 or 1006. not sure which, for a bit around 20 yrs ago,

did not last long before they got rid of it,

one Officer I knew, (RIP) said it was a POS, and the county had lots of issues with them

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I think the Virginia state police still carry the P229R in .357 sig. I haven’t heard any plans to change.

If I recall correctly, VSP is transitioning to SIG 320s. It appears from the wikipedia page that they kept the .357SIG.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Let’s hope it’s in 9mm and the idiot Levine then applies his same standard the next time he makes a run at a capacity ban and the VSP have 17 round mags Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Basenji:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I think the Virginia state police still carry the P229R in .357 sig. I haven’t heard any plans to change.

If I recall correctly, VSP is transitioning to SIG 320s. Can't recall if it's .357 or 9mm.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Some FBI offices still have 10mm MP5/10s available for issue to agents, but their use has been mostly superceded by ARs. (And those are SMGs, not pistols anyway.)

As of at least 3-4 years ago the Agents here in Montana still had access to the 10mm MP-5's.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
KY has super-duper scary critters. Just find the nearest trailer park.

Kanawha Cunty here in WV had 1006's for a while, forget what year they got rid of them, probably late 90's

Haha...I travel Rt 23 from Ashland to Pikeville often.
It's why I keep an AR pistol/brace setup handy.
Southern WV isn't any better, just a river divides us

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I carried a Glock 20 my last three years on the job. Issue piece was the Glock 37. G20 fit in the same holster. Just had to Change mag holders.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
I carried a Glock 20 my last three years on the job. Issue piece was the Glock 37. G20 fit in the same holster. Just had to Change mag holders.

Wow - don't see much 45gap rolling around anymore. What agency/location if you don't mind?

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were a couple rural county SO’s in NE that would issue/allow 10mm use. That all seemed to have ended in the early 2000’s. IIRC they all seemed to be G20’s. Which, by the way, the only Glock I can really stand.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
quote:

Wow - don't see much 45gap rolling around anymore. What agency/location if you don't mind?

Yes, you dont hear anything about 45GAP, 10mm seems to be having a resurgance in the civilian market, but 45GAP doesnt seem to be going anywhere in any market.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It going somewhere... down the tube.

As the last few agencies transition away from .45 GAP (after having gone with it mainly thanks to some ultra-sweet deals offered by Glock in the mid-to-late 2000s in a vain attempt to keep it on life support), the caliber is functionally dead in the LE world.

There may be some small agencies still clinging to it, but I believe the Florida Highway Patrol was the last agency of any decent size still using .45 GAP, and they just switched to 9mm Glocks a few months ago.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
quote:

Pa State Cops. GA State Patrol, and NYSP all got the same Deal. One for one trade for our existing weapons. I was away doing military stuff, came back and had to do transition training on the G37. I didn't care for the Beretta 96 DAO we had but liked the 37 less. Somehow found out from I forget who the 20/21 fit in the G&G holster they made for the 37. Just had to get different mag pouch to fit the bigger mags. Finished the transition training, Filled out the Personal Gun Paper work and went back and qual'ed with both. Carried either the 21 or 20 Depending and nobody ever said a word. It was a Glock. Wink

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post