New
Find
Notify
Tools

RDS for P365 Login/Join 
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted
I recently got an XL grip for my P365. It completely changes the gun for me. I’d like to put a RDS (probably a 407 or 507k) on it and make it my main off duty gun.

My quandary now is whether to have my current P365 slide milled, or just buy a P365xl. If I get my current slide milled, do you suggest keeping the rear sight? Or having the optic placed further back, deleting the rear sight?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 507k put on my P365. I had the slide mild by Maple Leaf firearms out of Texas. I thought they did a pretty good job with the milling. I was disappointed to find out that they were not able to mail deep enough for the optic to co-witness with the factory sights. I still need to track down a set of sights that are tall enough to clear the optic, but not as tall as normal suppressor height sights. For what it's worth, I really like the gun with the optic.

As far as whether or not to buy a p365 XL, or just have your current slide milled, I suppose that's personal preference. Having your slide milled does leave you the option of using normal iron sights, where you are stuck with just the notch on the back of the 507k with the XL. I have a friend who has a 507k on a Glock 48, and he opted to go with no rear dovetail. The little notch on the back of the 507k is not a very good rear sight, and obviously in his application (Glock) he is left with no way to adjust the irons. That said, it's probably good enough as a backup sight system.

If you go the milling around, Maple Leaf offers excellent law enforcement discounts. If you're looking for a 507K, hit me up. I'll have them next week I believe.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has an XL conversion kit now. With grip and upper. Of course it's like $499.

Personally I don't like milling a factory pistol. It devalues it and removes the original finish and anti-corrosion treatment. Makes more sense to buy an aftermarket slide that is designed for the optic you want.

That said I have a shield RMSc on my XL because I got a good deal on one locally. It is light, the auto brightness works well, and the front sight is visible through the lens for co-witness with the notch on the Shield. The Romeo Zero usually has glue around the lens edge that mostly obscures the front sight.

The Holosun 407K and 507K are going to be the ideal options, country of origin notwithstanding. And they were designed primarily for the XL.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
I chose to buy the P365XL as I run my P365X with the XL grip module. I just installed a Holosun HS507K-X2 on it and I am very impressed with this RDS. I also have an RMR for my G19 and really like the 32 MOA dot on the Holosun for fast acquisition of the target.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went with the XL. No milling, the 507k x2 dropped right in. Install took about 2 mins. You lose the rear sight......but, the notch in the 507k made center of mass hits without issue.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I have a p365 and thought about milling it but ended up with a P365XL and 507K- now I can mix and match components to my liking as needed. As mentioned, the 507K took only a couple of minutes to install and is a great match.

I think if I milled the P365 I would have been tempted to go RMRCC...and still might one day. That being said, my Holosuns have been perfect so far...so we will see.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
@usncorpsman,
What camera did you use taking those great pictures?

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Fever:
@usncorpsman,

It's been my experience, that the camera matters little, compared to skill and talent of the photographer.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I need a rear sight for a P365XL to replace a damaged one. Anyone putting an RDS on this gun will have an extra rear sight. Please email me if you can help. Thanks

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Fever:
@usncorpsman,

That is twice this week I have been asked this very question.....lol. I use the camera on my IPhone 11 for all my pics Big Grin

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I also had Maple Leaf Firearms do the milling for a RMSc and cerekote on one of my P365s. Very happy with the way it turned out.

I opted for leaving the stock sights in place. The RMSc has a rear sight cut that will let you see your front sight, but is not quite deep enough for proper alignment.

If dot failed could be used with a little “Kentucky elevation” by aiming low to compensate for the elevated rear sight. If really concerned, could just add a taller front sight or go to a suppressor front and rear.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I decided to get my P365 milled. I sent it out to DP Custom Works this morning. I’ll post pics when I get it back.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post