SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Night sight opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night sight opinions Login/Join 
posted
I’m going to put night sights on my Glock 17 (gen 3), and I’d like some input. I’m thinking about going with the Trijicon Novak style sights, does anyone use these on their Glock, and how do you like them? Any advantages or disadvantages to these sights? Any other sights I should consider?

Posts: 473 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I think you will probably get many recommendations for trijicon HDs. That what I use and recommend.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Trijicon XR's on most of my handguns. For pistols that are shooting steel (if I ever get back to it, now), I've been using fiber optic sights. For anything defensive or carry, I like the Trijicon HD and XR sights.

I preferred the orange, but have been leaning toward yellow.

The XR's are a bit narrower than the HD.s.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Trijicon HD's, and orange is my favorite front sight also.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on carrying the gun? I've had a few sets of Trijicon HD/XRs, and the rear sights are fairly sharp, otherwise I like them.

I'm also a fan of Warren Tactical.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glocks wear Pro I-Dots.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My Glocks all wear Heine straight eight night sights. In fact when available all my serious defensive handguns receive Heine sights. I have not found a sighting system that is as fast and accurate as the straight eights for me.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I think you will probably get many recommendations for trijicon HDs. That what I use and recommend.

Same here.

I own Glocks, Sigs and Smiths with Trijicon HDs, ( yellow ) and as my pistols with older, standard Trijicons and such fade out, I install HDs as the replacement.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All my Glock 9mms which wear night sights wear the Trijicon GL01 sights. Green front, green rear. I've been using them for more than twenty years. There are lots of choices these days, but I don't want or need anything else but these.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I like the Truglo TFX Pro. https://www.truglo.com/firearm...o-handgun-sights.asp

They are extremely bright in daylight and work well with the tritium inserts in the dark.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo Pro I-Dot (essentially the Heinie Straight-8 with the hi-vis front ring) has been my go-to with regards to tritium sights. Most of my 9mm Glocks are set up with these. Closest thing the the Von Stavenhagen dot-post system that I really fell for when I shot my first SIGs.

But I also find a rear notched silhouette sight (no markings, only black with horiz. serrations optional) coupled with a hi-vis red/orange ringed tritium front work very well for me as well. My primary EDC G23 has been wearing this setup for the last five years, as did my secondary G43 when I was still using that as my alternative carry based on wardrobe considerations. Now looking for a similar setup for my current secondary P365s. I've found that I like having less visual noise in the rear sight, especially since my aging eyes are having a harder time flipping between front and rear and maintaining some resemblance of clarity regarding focus.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like my Heinie straight 8’s. Still have some glow after 11 years.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
As my eyes have gotten older I have begun to appreciate XS Big Dot sights.
They are pretty fast to pick up and can be very accurate.

Mostly, night sights help me locate the pistol on the nightstand, in the dark.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
As my eyes have gotten older I have begun to appreciate XS Big Dot sights.
They are pretty fast to pick up and can be very accurate.

Mostly, night sights help me locate the pistol on the nightstand, in the dark.

Love the Big Dot for carry

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than possibly finding the orientation of my gun on a nightstand slightly quicker at night, night sights for me are all but useless.

I can pick up a fiber front and black rear much faster in daylight and if using a light in low light/no light night sights look no different than iron sights anyway.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truglo are my favorite though I do have a set of Trijicon on a G17 that came that way from the factory.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
AmeriGlo NS adorn all of Glocks. I use the Trooper variants on my last two. Excellent from the price point.

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Currently, my main carry has had Night Fision Accur8 in green.

They are a "straight-8" setup with dot on dot. Similar profile to HDs but without the U notch rear.

Seems to work well as my eyes age even with Lasik, my up close vision isn't as good as it used to be.
If Trijicon came out with a 2 dot HD, I'd be all over those.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

I nlike the Trijicon XD HR's with the orange dot (as opposed to yellow) on my handguns.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post