SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 lovers, your dreams have come true.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
HK VP9 lovers, your dreams have come true. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Nice. The longslide is particularly attractive to me, especially given how Walther continues to be a letdown in following through with their 5" kit for the PPQ M1, first promised two years ago. Factory 20rd mags is also sweet as well; not looking forward to the pricing, but hopefully they become available before the wretched politicians in my state take us down the horrors of the California rabbit hole.

Good to see it go live but I'm not sure if I want the SK anymore; small pistols and myself don't seem to coalesce well. I buy 'em, then fail to have any desire to put them to use outside of the range. My G43 is a case in point. Spending on "carry-friendly" guns when I won't give up EDCing guns the size of a compact Glock...better spent on other fun guns.

Button release, eh? Now will they use the same magazines? Or is this another PPQ M1 vs M2 annoyance?

Same magazines. Pretty versatile lineup that shares a common magazine. I wish Sig would have had some forethought with their magazines.

P250/320 compact, sigPro, and the P229 could have shared the same magazines with a little modular thinking engineering. But it is what it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Saw the notification the other day. The biggest thing that has me excited for is the button release. I could never quite get the paddle release quite right. Won't be getting one this year but it also goes back on my high interest list when looking for another full size.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Report This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
SFP 9L with a push-button mag release...

Now THAT has my attention. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad, I was hoping for a single stack compact. The market is oversaturated with double stack compacts including HK.

posted Hide Post
http://www.heckler-koch.com/en...roduct-overview.html

For more info.

I don't like the looks of the pushbutton mag release and the safety looks like it's down for safe up for fire (ugh!).

But there are two trigger options - "normal" and a lighter/shorter option. And they changed the racking "ears" on the back of the slide.

Seems H&K is going after the Walther PPQ. I'd consider a VP9SK and L, maybe the optics ready one as well...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

For more info.

I don't like the looks of the pushbutton mag release and the safety looks like it's down for safe up for fire (ugh!).

Enlarge the picture. Look at the white line. Down is Fire (line pointed at F). You can see the S under the lever. Up, the line will be pointed to S.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No button mag releases for me, thank you. The paddle release is one of the reasons I like HKs and Walthers. Its part of being German.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
They have also slimmed down the cocking ears on the rear of the slide.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that now. Thanks. It's not in the best location, kind of far back on the frame. However with the light trigger option (3mm travel 20-25 N force) it may be very good...

quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

For more info.

Enlarge the picture. Look at the white line. Down is Fire (line pointed at F). You can see the S under the lever. Up, the line will be pointed to S.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Report This Post