SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 lovers, your dreams have come true.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
HK VP9 lovers, your dreams have come true. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
VP9L
And VP9 sk
Are out in Europe
HK VP9 variants

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I may have to try a VP9L, then. Just for shits and giggles. I mean, as much as the VP9SK looks like it'll be a best-seller, that sub-compact niche is filled in my arsenal. The link says the VP9L mag capacity is 15/20. I'd like to see some 20 round mags for the P30/VP9. but they're probably HK's hideous elephant-foot shit.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
I really like the fact that you can have a paddle or push button mag release option for the new HKs.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up buddy!

I am definitely a Sig nut but I do dabble in HKs from time to time.

Not sure I'd replace my VP9 with a VP9L but it's interesting nonetheless. I think the SK version may be the more compelling variant as it covers a different section of the market, better competing against the offerings of Sig's 320.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I bet HKPro is losing their collective minds over there.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Also looks like some thumb safety variants.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
As usual with HK, stuff I want, but no idea if it will actually be something I can find!

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I am interested in the optics ready version. The VP9 just works with my hands. I have huge hands so the SK models don't do anything for me. I need a minimum of 5 inches in height and see no reason to put a mag extension on a short barreled double stack. If I ever need to defend my life with a gun I chose not to do it with a 2 finger grip.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah! I will have a VP9L.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Excellent. The VP9 tactical still looks the best. Maybe with an SK for back up. And factory 20 roounders? WooHoo!

HK Because we are awesome, and HK loves us!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Great. More guns I want but don't need. What's the intended use for the maritime version?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh great . I'm a HK fanboy and I told myself that I wasn't gonna buy any more guns .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. I see a 9L in my future.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The L definitely looks like it could be fun

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be great to see an optics ready option or true long slide for the P30.

I may have to dip into VP9 territory.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Report This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I bet HKPro is losing their collective minds over there.

I browse in the forum every now and then. They are quite a jubilant group knowing the VP9 has brothers. I'd keep my VP9 since it seems to fit me.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Report This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I wonder how that VP9 SK would compare to my Walther PPS M2? Sure seems nice, but I'm thinking a bit wider than the Walther.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is why HK has yet to release a 2017 catalog. Plus the decision on the 433 rifle for USA civilian sales.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am one of those weird people who like safety's, if they come out with a VP 9 sk with a decent sized thumb safety it will probably replace my m&p 9c

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nice. The longslide is particularly attractive to me, especially given how Walther continues to be a letdown in following through with their 5" kit for the PPQ M1, first promised two years ago. Factory 20rd mags is also sweet as well; not looking forward to the pricing, but hopefully they become available before the wretched politicians in my state take us down the horrors of the California rabbit hole.

Good to see it go live but I'm not sure if I want the SK anymore; small pistols and myself don't seem to coalesce well. I buy 'em, then fail to have any desire to put them to use outside of the range. My G43 is a case in point. Spending on "carry-friendly" guns when I won't give up EDCing guns the size of a compact Glock...better spent on other fun guns.

Button release, eh? Now will they use the same magazines? Or is this another PPQ M1 vs M2 annoyance?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post