SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why are the P220 Desert Black selling so cheap?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why are the P220 Desert Black selling so cheap? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I just got the gun to use a set of grips I have. Here is the result:

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Are those aluminum or G10 grips? Looks good.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:
I have to admit I just got the gun to use a set of grips I have. Here is the result:

I personally think the SIG factory aluminum grips are the most ergonomic grips period. I had them for a P220 and also a P226.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
Are those aluminum or G10 grips? Looks good.

They are aluminum

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I pick mine up tomorrow. Eventually I would like to get some G-10 grip for it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Guns Midwest has taken the gun off their webpage:

Unfortunately the product FACTORY NEW! Sig Sauer P220R Desert .45ACP 8+1 has been discontinued

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Great deal but too ugly for me.

gotta love the ugly...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up today. I feel it is not as unattractive as people make it out to be. A different set of grips will make a world of difference.

Midwest Guns was efficient and timely on shipping the weapon. I can only guess that the reason the pistol is off their web page is that they sold out and no more are available. The price was right!

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I actually think it looks a lot better in person than in any photos I've seen. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible photographer with a cheap camera, but here's mine with Hogue G10 Piranha grips.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!! and a good deal to boot.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post