SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a looker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a looker Login/Join 
Picture of The_Watcher
posted
Found a mint condition German made and proofed Sig P226R Triple Serial. So nice I almost dont want to shoot it. Almost.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, nice! This must be the one from 2010 or 2011 imported. Stainless slide, railed, triple numbered, German proofed.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, now pick up some 18 rnd MecGar mags.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Although losing that 'Eek2' grip would make it markedly better for me. Not a fan of the look or the feel in-hand of that grip on the full size frame.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The E2 grips gotta go...

Posts: 13795 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
I hear you about the E2 grips. But that is factory correct with this release from 2009-2010. It was one of the first Sigs with it. I personally like this, but it is not better than the Hogue G10 grips. I am saving pennies for a set of those next.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Oh yeah, nice! This must be the one from 2010 or 2011 imported. Stainless slide, railed, triple numbered, German proofed.

Q,

Didn't they come with the Carbon Steel slide? I have one of these somewhere, but remember them as being the last of the old Carbon Steel slide/alloy frame 226.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:

Q,

Didn't they come with the Carbon Steel slide? I have one of those somewhere, but remember these as being the last of the old Carbon Steel slide/alloy frame 226.

Yes, there was another batch from Germany that had the folded slides, with rail, 2010.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:

Q,

Didn't they come with the Carbon Steel slide? I have one of those somewhere, but remember these as being the last of the old Carbon Steel slide/alloy frame 226.

Yes, there was another batch from Germany that had the folded slides, with rail, 2010.

That is what I understand from internet reading. I read somewhere that 500 of each came in to the USA

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

posted Hide Post
Very nice !!!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new addition

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Good find, beautiful.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cool thanks! So that is the carbon slide version that came with the regular grips. Did you screen shot sigs old discontinued models site before they removed it?

Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
Mine is E26R-9-B-GER
Carbon slide is E26R-9-BSS-GER

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I misread the title. Nice find. I got nothing else... Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, but I still like them better without a rail.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I misread the title. Nice find. I got nothing else... Razz

LOL...

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, nice find!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2009 (AK) version, sweet pistol.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post