SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock models coming out. The Gen 4 fans will be happy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock models coming out. The Gen 4 fans will be happy Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My very first look at the front serrations....I liked it. But after five minutes of looking at them, it occurred to me they look too plain -

Something about the way H&K does slide serrations puts the wind under my skirt - they have a slight bevel at the right spot(s) - or maybe it's magic fairy dust.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the above. It's a Glock, not Burger King. You can have it our way.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
Something about the way H&K does slide serrations puts the wind under my skirt - they have a slight bevel at the right spot(s) - or maybe it's magic fairy dust.

Magic Teutonic Gnome dust.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forward slide serations are about the last thing on my mind when I'm thinking of what I want in a pistol. I don't think I've ever used them. All I want from Glock is a better grip and the old finish.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New? No, just warmed leftovers. Call me when the FBI glock drops.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't be a tool

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take the old finish any day over the new stuff.

The front serrations? I personally like them.
I'll probably be tossing a few hundred dollars at my dealer when one of these becomes available.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

Magic Teutonic Gnome dust.

It's HK. It's Overengineered Magic Teutonic Gnome dust. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they decided to offer factory night sights again. In '07 I bought a G19 with them but every Glock since I've had to add them myself. I like the factory Glock NS so that's something I don't have to do. When I finally get around to buying my G26 it will come with NS Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been pointed out on another site that front serrations can cause problems with the locking mechanism on the Safariland ALS duty holster. Users who have had them cut aftermarket have seen issues. Obviously not a problem for the average user, and I'd guess it's unlikely many law enforcement agencies will be adopting these allegedly limited release guns, but worth a mention anyway.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the front serrations are not a plus. However, with optics, they can be useful.

With iron sights, the problem is hanging your hand/finger over the muzzle while manipulating the slide. Very easy to do. In our classes, we ban use of the front serrations for that reason.

I actually witnessed a shooter nearly blow his finger off at the range. He was an experienced shooter in our group. Had a malfunction during a drill, was in a hurry to clear and get back into action. Put has hand over the front serrations with pinky slightly over end of slide. Bang! Singed finger, but didn't lose it. Under stress, it's an accident waiting to happen. IMHO, all slide manipulation should take place behind the ejection port. Just a simple safety precaution.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post