SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A new baseplate for the SIG P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new baseplate for the SIG P365 Login/Join 
posted
Hey Guys,

I'm back in the SIG world with a new P365 and I have decided to make a new baseplate for it.

I already make a few versions of my Geeplate for the Glock sub compact models the 42,43,26/27/33/39 and people have been asking me to make it for the SIG so I had to go get a new gun (great excuse to give the wife) and started working on it.

The GeePlate adds a small finger rest at the front of the base plate which rests under your ring finger and gives you a much more secured grip not he small pistols during draw, retention and shooting. It really helps handling the recoil.

Below are a few pictures of where I am at with the design. If you have any comments, I'd love to hear them.

Note that this is currently a 3D printed prototype and the final product will look like the versions I have for the Glocks.

First image is the GeePlate I make for the G26. Next images, a few pictures of where the design stands. I'm pretty much finished with it.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice, but just a little too protruding, imo.
Also, is there any finger pinching problem, with that little gap, there?

Welcome to the forum.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The length of the finger rest is shorter than the one on the G26. It does not catch clothing or stab you in the body.

The gap between the base plate and the frame is about 1mm and the same as the original SIG base plate.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I also like the idea. My flat magazine base plate will never get used because it's just not enough and leaves my pinky to fend for itself.

I thought I just read in another thread that SIG intentionally designed the P365 magazine so that aftermarket base plates could not be adapted to it but maybe that was +1/+2.

Maybe angle the forward lip down a little so the pinky feels included?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks kind of like the GAP plates for Glocks that used to be around.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a GAP floor plate on my 26 and really like it. I know everyone was bummed when GAP/Concealable Control was no longer avaliable, and thrilled when you picked up the ball.

When I get a 365, I look forward to getting a base plate from you for the flush mag. Thanks for making them, I'm sure you'll sell a bunch.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I also like the idea. My flat magazine base plate will never get used because it's just not enough and leaves my pinky to fend for itself.

I thought I just read in another thread that SIG intentionally designed the P365 magazine so that aftermarket base plates could not be adapted to it but maybe that was +1/+2.

Maybe angle the forward lip down a little so the pinky feels included?

The whole idea is to give better grip without adding length to the grip. My wife can get all 3 fingers on the grip. I can get only 2.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
Looks kind of like the GAP plates for Glocks that used to be around.

It's the same idea but GAP went MIA about 2 years ago.

posted Hide Post
If anyone can take a part a 12rd magazine and post or send me good high quality images I will be able to see if it can be done with the 12rd mag.

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoti:
If anyone can take a part a 12rd magazine and post or send me good high quality images I will be able to see if it can be done with the 12rd mag.

I have and like your G43 product. If you'd like to borrow a 12rd P365 mag for your research I can send one to you. Email in my profile.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
quote:
Originally posted by zoti:

I have and like your G43 product. If you'd like to borrow a 12rd P365 mag for your research I can send one to you. Email in my profile.

Thanks but I am going to buy one for my own gun anyways. If you can take the base plate off and take some good pictures that would be great.

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have Gee Plates for my 43 and like them a lot. Looking forward to the 365 ones. Cool

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I made some progress on the 12 round magazine then came up with a whole new idea on how to assess it.

Here's my first idea of using a sleeve with my baseplate design for the 10rd magazine.

posted Hide Post
This is my latest iteration of the baseplate for the 12rd magazine. It uses the original sleeve and adds a finger rest. Feels really good.