SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So, I got my 3rd. P365. This time the XL.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I got my 3rd. P365. This time the XL. Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
If anyone is keeping score, last summer I picked up a P365. And a few months ago, somehow, a P365 SAS wandered into my safe. Well, yesterday, the XL followed me home.

So far the original has been flawless. 2300 rounds of brass cased 115 grain ball ammo of various brands. 400-550 rounds of Gold Dot 115 and 124 grain, with a few 115+P's thrown in. I haven't tried any other defensive ammo except the Gold Dots.

To me, the SAS version is a solution in search of a problem. I'm O.K. with all the anti-snag features on the frame, but I'm not a fan of the barrel porting or the funky sight system. I was going to buy an XL slide & barrel assembly, but at $400+ I just decided to simply get the XL. I disassembled and lubed the new toy, but haven't taken it to the range yet. But my first impression is that this thing feels perfect in my hand.

I'm probably going to see if I can find a dot optic to replace the funky sight on the SAS and use that as my foray into the world of red dots.

I'll update after shooting the XL.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post