SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Night Sights M&P 2.0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night Sights M&P 2.0 Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
I have a brand new M&P 2.0 in .45 ACP that I just picked up today. This will be a bedside gun and I want to put night sights on it. I’ve never owned an M&P before and I know nothing much about them yet, so I’m looking for some feedback on your favorite night sights for this handgun.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Have Ameriglo I Dot's on my 9mm 2.0. They've done well for me.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Have Ameriglo I Dot's on my 9mm 2.0. They've done well for me.

Ditto. I've really become a fan of the 'dot the I' sight picture. There are a variety of sights that do this, but the Ameriglos are awesome and cost effective.

ETA: You will love the M&P 2.0...one of the best pistols to date, IMO.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD XR. They zero great in the 2.0 at distance.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...700045624#9700045624

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I am debating the same myself and am considering the Trijicons jljones mentioned or the Ameriglos others mentioned. I'm also fond of the "dot the I" sight but would prefer the rear to be a square like the original SIG "Von Stavenhagen" sights. The Ameriglos with the horizontal line rear may be what I end up with after looking at them some more.

On another note, you're bound to find out sooner or later (tomorrow), but it appears had you waited a day to get your new M2.0, you could have gotten a couple of extra mags, a couple of boxes of ammo, and a loader as part of a new rebate S&W starts tomorrow. (Perfect Summer Hideaway Rebate). Then again, maybe S&W will honor it for you since you were so close?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo I Dot's and Trijicon HD XR’s. Info much appreciated. Now to find some YouTube videos on them.

Someone told me that Shield sights and 2.0 sights are the same. Any truth to that?

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I like Ameriglo, but prefer the three dot sights as opposed to the idot sights.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have to say I am not a fan of the Ameriglo I dots on the M&P. The sight relation on the compact sucks to me. I had to put on a wide 10-8 rear to make it work for me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize what the I Dots were till I looked at them. I’ll pass on them. There does seem to be 3 versions of Ameriglo 3 dot sights ranging from $120 to $140, but in looking at the Ameriglo site, I’m not sure what the difference is.

---------------
Gary

posted Hide Post
Easiest decision ever for me. Trijicon HD or HD XR. Orange is my preference.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
I have removed I-Dots and replaced them with Dawson Precision Fiber Optics. I keep a WML on the M&P and the fiber IS illuminated when I activate the WML in zero light conditions. I am more precise with the Fiber due to the narrower front sight and as my eyes have aged I really like fiber optics

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Watcher:
I have removed I-Dots and replaced them with Dawson Precision Fiber Optics. I keep a WML on the M&P and the fiber IS illuminated when I activate the WML in zero light conditions. I am more precise with the Fiber due to the narrower front sight and as my eyes have aged I really like fiber optics

Watcher....what is the sight alignment you use with your fiber optic sights on your M&P? Do they end up being more like #2 or #3 below? The only thing about my M&P2.0 that I don't like is the sights are VERY #3 oriented (meaning the slightest error or deviation typically means it shoots a bit low but well centered tight groups) and if the night sights out there are going to yield similar results I would definitely consider the fiber optics as I do like them. My PPQ shoots to POA using sight picture #2 (and I mean perfectly aligned elevation and windage wise) and I love it that way so I have always been hesitant to mess with the sights on it.

Anyone else have experience with the fiber optics vs. the night sights?

Sorry Wingspar, not trying to derail your thread, but thought the fiber optic sight info might be valuable to you too.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro. I had never used them until I put them on my Shield and they have quickly become my favorite sights.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post