SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sight pusher question?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight pusher question? Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
What sight pusher is necessary to change sights on a Sig P320?

Thanks

Any universal pusher should work fine. I bought this one off of eBay a few months ago and it works great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handg...?hash=item25f8e40919

I've changed about 5 or 6 220's and 1 320 and it worked well for all of them. You're welcome to use it once another SF user is finished with it if you'd like.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you not believing the damage a bad sight pusher or a tight fit sight and excess pressure can cause I have a thread for you. On the Beretta specific forum under gunsmithing a guy has posted pictures of the bent channel in his slide.

This isn’t the place to skimp and save. Or maybe it is for you but it might be at your own peril.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I've used a Kaiser Uni-Tool for almost ten years and found that it works well, if you know how to position and manipulate the tool.

Certain pistols are just capable of having sights removed or adjusted with a simple tool, such as the Springfield XD series and Beretta PX4. For Glocks, SIGs, and most other manufacturers, it's been great. I've only done a few hundred sets, but do like the tool.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s funny you mention the PX4. If you check out those photos the guy was drifting a tight fit rear sight on a PX4 compact. It was tight and the torque ended up crimping the channel on the slide. In this case, and other similar cases, a shoe riding inside the slide to a sufficient length would have avoided this damage.

Caveat emptor.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I have the B & J MACHINE - P500 UNIVERSAL SIGHT TOOL and find it works great on various pistols I have used it on.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
For the MGW SightPro Brownells currently offers this item under part number 584-000-057 however it is special order only meaning it does take a minimum of 5-8 weeks to receive once ordered. It is $25.99 and you may purchase it by calling (800)741-0015.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to find that part number just to see what it is. I was unable to figure it out. For those of us untechworthy types care to tell us what that part is?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
For the MGW SightPro Brownells currently offers this item under part number 584-000-057 however it is special order only meaning it does take a minimum of 5-8 weeks to receive once ordered. It is $25.99 and you may purchase it by calling (800)741-0015.

What gun is that one for? I couldn't find the product under that item number on Brownell's website.

The shoe that works with the MGW Sight Pro or Range Master pushers for the SIG 320 is the SP 133, MGW's product number. If I had kept my 320C I probably would've picked one of these up.

From MidwayUSA

From Brownell's (scroll down a ways to find the 320 shoe).

Midway's price is significantly less. Both have it in stock.

BTW, the Range Master is a slightly smaller, noticeably less pricey sibling to the Sight Pro. The Wheeler can still be had for less money, but now the difference in price is about $70 or so, not more than double as it is with the Sight Pro. The shoes do make working on sights confidently easy with either MGW tool. Once used for the first time, you'll never go back.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

I think he's referring to the P365 shoe.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ahhhhhhhh,

Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
And something to consider about a good sight pusher -- I previously owned the MGW pusher for the M&P, when they made one for just that line -- you can sell it if you ever really stop changing sights. They easily retain 80% of their value, and people will snap them up for a bargain price.

Additionally, I've always thought small gun shops that don't have a resident gunsmith could rent them out for $25 for a weekend. There would be some risk a client would get angry if they marked up their own pistol; plus some risk a client would break the pusher by BFFIign a tight sight.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post