SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sight pusher question?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight pusher question? Login/Join 
posted
What sight pusher is necessary to change sights on a Sig P320?

Thanks

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
There are probably others, but the MGW Sight Pro universal model with the appropriate “shoe” (slide retention insert) works well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47367 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used the sight pro yesterday with my ruger p. It is not cheap, the shoes are reasonable.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have the MGW Pro model and it has never failed to remove/install , with zero damage to slide or sights.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to change more a one brand MGW Sight Pro is a great option. Perhaps the best option. 20 bucks a shoe once you buy the device.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have to agree MGW is the best bet out there

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yup, the Sight-Pro is at the top of the heap. Brilliant device; one of the best purchases of any kind that I've ever made. Anyone who owns multiple types and brands of semi-auto handguns and also likes to change out their own sights will instantly see just how great a value this tool is despite its seemingly high initial buy-in. Nine or ten different shoes in my toolbox so far; it's definitely paid for itself.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the MGW sight Pro. It pays for itself you have many pistols.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yup, the Sight-Pro is at the top of the heap. Brilliant device; one of the best purchases of any kind that I've ever made. Anyone who owns multiple types and brands of semi-auto handguns and also likes to change out their own sights will instantly see just how great a value this tool is despite its seemingly high initial buy-in. Nine or ten different shoes in my toolbox so far; it's definitely paid for itself.

My thoughts, exactly.

I've had my Sight Pro for several years now and can't figure out how I'd made it that long without one. I convinced the owners of the last two gun shops I've worked at to invest in one for their shop tools. As has been said already, a little pricey up front, but well worth it in the long run.

Buy once, cry once. Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I use a Wheeler universal. It does front and rear sight’s, no gun specific plates needed. In fact, at one sitting I put new sights on a 226 and adjusted the rear sight on my wifes 365.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another +1 to everything stated about the MGW Sight Pro, I have one I use for the shop, and it works flawlessly. I bought after the started including the angled glock pusher pad in the kit for no additional Price, and couldn't be happier with it, already made it's money back doing customer sight installs, with no worries about damaging the slide or sights.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
super shooter where are you located? If close, i can let you use mine provided you or I have the plates

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shoe provides an added level of support when pushing tough fit sights. The Sight Pro will work without the shoes. I don't recommend that, but if you google the Guns and Ammo review of the Sight Pro you will watch those two morons use the device and never even notice that they aren't using it correctly. Yet another reason G&A gets no money from me anymore.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brilliant device; one of the best purchases of any kind that I've ever made. Anyone who owns multiple types and brands of semi-auto handguns and also likes to change out their own sights will instantly see just how great a value this tool is despite its seemingly high initial buy-in. Nine or ten different shoes in my toolbox so far; it's definitely paid for itself.

Anyone here used a NCStar successfully?

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reviews are less than stellar. If you are thinking universal sight pusher, the MGW Sight Pro is easily the best option. It takes longer to setup because you are locking the slide into the device in every plane. Top, bottom, both sides. I don't think any other device does this. Do you need this level to push a loosely fit Glock dovetail protector? Nope, but when one is in there tight you will appreciate the MGW.

Look for sales, I bought mine new for well under 300 bucks.

posted Hide Post
I bought the MGW Site Pro several months ago......expensive..yes but absolutely a top of the line tool.
My LGS charges $45 to install sights; so far I have installed and adjusted 5 sets of sights, which would have cost me $225. The amount of self satisfaction.....priceless!

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with Beltfed21 about the Wheeler
Universal. I decided between the Wheeler and the MGW__noticing a lot of similarities. When it arrived the fine quality was surprising. Sets up like the MGW but no special shoes required.
Wheeler got it right.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to politely disagree. The Wheeler Universal is basically the MGW without a shoe. Which if you choose to you could use the MGW the same way, ie that G&A video I referenced above. However if you have a tight fit sight and end up really cranking down on the side supports you don’t have a shoe riding inside the rails to ensure you aren't deforming the slide. Which you could do.

They are within a hundred dollars of each other. You would be nuts to buy the Wheeler because of cost savings. On normal sights you won’t necessarily need the support from every angle the MGW does but on tough fits you will appreciate it.

As for the Wheeler got it right comment, it’s a basic copy minus the shoe. They added a scale which is superfluous and like I said, you can use the MGW and never buy a shoe. I don’t recommend it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

posted Hide Post
Pedrocola may have a good point reference my
post for the Wheeler pusher. There may one of
those times he mentioned. I haven't experienced it. That doesn't mean I won't.
I just had a thought yesterday in my "gun room" (actually a golf cart garage) as I was looking at my Wheeler pusher. On my primary EDC pistols I have reflex sights these days. So, I wondered__
did I need to purchase it?
I'm not a pistol hobbyist so I don't really do much pistol buying or shooting at controlled ranges. (Out in the desert practicing SD shooting__meaning from positions being knocked on my butt included)
The times I had to use my sidearm were few__but always within a couple of seconds and at garlic breath distance.
Today, I just keep the edge.
I think if anyone has the need for the best pusher because they need one often for different
sidearms__
I tip my hat to Pedrocola. Go MGW.
Stay safe. (They just may actually be out there)
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
super shooter where are you located? If close, i can let you use mine provided you or I have the plates

I am in SC about 8 hours away from you, not close.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post