SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sight pusher question?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight pusher question? Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
What sight pusher is necessary to change sights on a Sig P320?

Thanks

Any universal pusher should work fine. I bought this one off of eBay a few months ago and it works great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handg...?hash=item25f8e40919

I've changed about 5 or 6 220's and 1 320 and it worked well for all of them. You're welcome to use it once another SF user is finished with it if you'd like.

Posts: 6939 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you not believing the damage a bad sight pusher or a tight fit sight and excess pressure can cause I have a thread for you. On the Beretta specific forum under gunsmithing a guy has posted pictures of the bent channel in his slide.

This isn’t the place to skimp and save. Or maybe it is for you but it might be at your own peril.

Posts: 1787 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I've used a Kaiser Uni-Tool for almost ten years and found that it works well, if you know how to position and manipulate the tool.

Certain pistols are just capable of having sights removed or adjusted with a simple tool, such as the Springfield XD series and Beretta PX4. For Glocks, SIGs, and most other manufacturers, it's been great. I've only done a few hundred sets, but do like the tool.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 11 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s funny you mention the PX4. If you check out those photos the guy was drifting a tight fit rear sight on a PX4 compact. It was tight and the torque ended up crimping the channel on the slide. In this case, and other similar cases, a shoe riding inside the slide to a sufficient length would have avoided this damage.

Caveat emptor.

Posts: 1787 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I have the B & J MACHINE - P500 UNIVERSAL SIGHT TOOL and find it works great on various pistols I have used it on.

Posts: 332 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post