SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W. German P226 walnut?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W. German P226 walnut? Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
Do these look like the old West German walnut grips (made by Sile I think)? I just grabbed them and they look very close to that style.

no markings on the back save some faded red sharpie but can't make it out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PGT,

Posts: 3084 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looks like it.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Cool. Got an old Herndon gun to use them on. I missed a factory nickel one locally by a day which was what I hoped to put these on.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Looks like they could use some oil. I use a mixture of Tung & Linseed oil on my wood grips, seems to work well.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They look like them to me. Numrich had some for the 228 at one time and I bought two pairs. Looked just like those.

An interesting short and previous post.....

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...630056144#3630056144

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, haven’t seen a pair of those in a long while. I’ve had a JJ P226 since 1988.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I used some Mahoney's walnut oil on them and did a quick test-fit, then took them off to dry. I might send to CCR now as I'm not digging the silver teflon moly a few years on.

I ran to a new shop about 45 min away this afternoon and in the case, a complete JK gun with test target, box, spare gray plastic case, original plastic grips and spare grip screws.

Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I think your pistol looks great PGT.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a gorgeous gun PGT! And, what a difference some oil makes... those grips look great!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Thanks....just need to get it cleaned up. Never ceases to amaze me that shops don't clean guns before putting them in the case.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
That nickel one with the wood grips and those grip screws looks pretty awesome. Like it deserves the lead role in a movie!

Posts: 441 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post