SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you were building an appendix holster...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were building an appendix holster... Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
If you were going to design, build and market an appendix holster, What are the first 5 guns you would accommodate. Remember, this is what you think the best 5 top sellers would be. I would like to stay with current production models.

Question:
The top 5 best sellers would be...

Choices:
Glock 43
Glock 43x / 48
Glock 26 sized
Glock 19 sized
SIG P365
SIG P320 compact / carry
H&K VP9SK
H&K P30SK
M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6”
M&P 2.0 Compact 4”
M&P Shield
J Frame
Other - please specify in comments below

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
The poll only allows us to pick one option, but Glock would likely be 90%+ of sales.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would want to cover all 9/40/357 Glock models, which may be possible with one mold and some creative measuring until the funds exist to get multiple molds. One would need a 43/43X/48 mold as well. Beyond that I would just hit all the common polymer stuff. P320, M&P, P365, etc. For everything available in multiple slide lengths, I would start with a full-size gun and cut it down.

This is all if you're trying to do it on the cheap. In reality, I think that unless you're truly innovating in design, the biggest thing that drives somebody to an off the beaten path kydex bender is either that they're local, or that they cover a fit the big guys don't. I spent a few hours last week hunting for kydex for the APX, AREX Alpha, and 92 Compact. The places that had them for in large part ones I'd never heard of, but I found some neat looking stuff.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
#1: Glock 19 size
#2: Glock 26 size
#3: Glock 43 size
#4: S&W 9mm Shield size
#5: ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
All the Glocks, maybe the Shield.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't sell guns but I would put G19 and G43 at the top.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say p365, G26, G43, shield. If you have to have 5 maybe the 19 or vp9sk.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19, 43, shield, 2.0 and 365

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I would add Glock 42

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Kydex market is flooded with Glock and M&P holsters. Build a good 365 kydex, then some good CZ ones.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree that the market is flooded with glock and shield holsters. I have noticed that there aren't nearly as many options for classic sigs, particularly the p239 and p224. Both make fantastic appendix guns.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just look at sales numbers for guns that would be likely to be carried that way.
The Glocks & Shield, then 365.
Also depends on the price range of your holsters. I wouldn't target the Ruger & Keltec market if you are selling a premium priced holster.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Right now, the P365. The smaller Glocks (42, 43, 48 and 19's) and shields are always safe bets too.

Possibly the Ruger LCP or LC9's, a lot of folks use these for deeper concealment. With sales, time will tell.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I did just that, I started with polymer guns, the Glocks and Smiths.

Trading customers molds for holsters expanded my offerings rapidly.

Small guns dominated for my CC customers, LEO and .gov carried Compact or Duty sized polymer guns.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
All the Glocks, the 365, the shield, and that little Ruger LC9.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post