SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 Sear Pin Loose... Advice Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 Sear Pin Loose... Advice Needed Login/Join 
posted
Hello. I have a NIB West German P225. It’s a KG date code and DAO. I purchased it in about 2003. I sent it to Sig in @ 2007 for SSP and AEP packages. Well to this day I still have not fired the pistol. A few times a year I take the safe queens out to give them a wipe down and admire them. Well, this time when reinstalling the slide I noticed that the pin that holds the sear and sear spring in place had shifted out a bit and is not quite as secure as one would like it to be. The pistol has never been completely disassembled by anyone other than sig.Is there a cure for this? I really don’t like that it moves with a slight amount of pressure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That is normal and how it should be. It is held in place by the slide rails, so it's not going anywhere. The only pin that should tight is the sear spring tail retaining pin, which is a roll pin pressed into the frame. Fret not.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GaryBF .. Thankyou very much. I will rest easy. I was hoping for that answer.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post