SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock factory 9mm mag options - 24 rounders, FDE and OD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock factory 9mm mag options - 24 rounders, FDE and OD Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
It appears that a few different retailers, including GT Distributors and Brownells, have added listings for some new styles of Glock factory 9mm magazines that were just released.

The first new addition is a 24 round 9mm extended magazine. I dug around online a bit, and found the below photo of a G19 with a 24 rounder. Looks to be a compromise between the standard mags and the overly-long 33 rounders. I imagine they would go nicely with a Glock magazine carbine.

The other new offering is colored 9mm magazines in FDE and OD Green, including 15, 17 and 33 round mags. For those who want to match their factory colored frames, I suppose. Here's a photo showing the two new colors, along with the lighter Coyote colored mags from the G19X in the top center.

Posts: 32486 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the info, I may have to pick some up? What is the price difference between the standard mags?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The colored mags are the same price as their black counterparts.

The 24 rounders are $35ish, like a 33 rounder.

Posts: 32486 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they factory Glocks or aftermarkets?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Factory

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kr350psd:
Are they factory Glocks or aftermarkets?

From the first sentence of the OP “new styles of Glock factory 9mm magazines”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's in the title too. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Finally! Factory FDE mags!!!!!
I need these in my life. Thanks for the heads up!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Glock part number 47464. 24 rd 9MM magazine. Available for pre-order at Brownells for $34.99.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...zines-prod23056.aspx

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the 24 round magazine is the same length as the 22 round .40/.357 magazine (probably 170mm tube). About time. I'd like to see a factory 140mm magazine to compete with Magpul and ETS.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Glock part number 47464. 24 rd 9MM magazine. Available for pre-order at Brownells for $34.99.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...zines-prod23056.aspx

Ordered 2. Thanks for the heads up

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Pffft. Only in 9mm. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
For those of you interested; What draws you to the 24 round mag over the current 31/33 round offering? Both will stick out the bottom of the 17/18/19x frame so I’m wondering if some of you have concerns with how much the 31/33 rounders stick out.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do firearm manufacturers pick magazine round total that is not divisible by 5? There are the 15 round magazines, 20 round, 30 round magazines and thus it would make sense for an in between magazine to be 25 rounds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The first new addition is a 24 round 9mm extended magazine. I dug around online a bit, and found the below photo of a G19 with a 24 rounder. Looks to be a compromise between the standard mags and the overly-long 33 rounders. I imagine they would go nicely with a Glock magazine carbine.

Now that sounds interesting.

Might have to pick up some of those mags for my G17 and then a carbine for the magazines... Big Grin

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Nobody FOTAYS anymore, brah.

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You would think they'd do factory 7 and 8 rounders for the G43. It's not like other companies aren't selling both mags, base plates and spring kits to do this.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This was an easy mag to make though. Just use the large 40 caliber magazine tube, adjust and tweak a widget here, adjust and tweak a follower there, and BAM, you got a 24 rd 9MM magazine.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Nobody FOTAYS anymore, brah.

Wink

I have a few of the OEM 22 round .40 magazines.
I use them with my Glock 31/32/33. Wink

I was going to preorder some of the 24 rounders from Brownells but decided not to and bought more 33 rounders which were a little cheaper.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post