SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M11B celebrating Independence Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M11B celebrating Independence Day Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Original look

Swapped the thin trigger for old fatty (actually, a GGI P-SAIT), and stock grips for Aluminum Checkered.
Had to celebrate yesterday, since today was booked for something else.

Ready for homeland defense Cool

One trip, and that UID sticker has slipped off, as expected.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Not very powerful ammo cuz it didn't damage the carpet at all.. Big Grin. Whats with the cool yellow manual Q? Wish we could read that cover better.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Not very powerful ammo cuz it didn't damage the carpet at all.. Big Grin. Whats with the cool yellow manual Q? Wish we could read that cover better.

It's just the M11 US Army manual, David.

Not powerful? It ripped the target in half, right there. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
It is a work of art, Q!

Your photos really rock!!

Bill

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Ausgezeichnet

Thanks for posting, never saw a "B" up close excellent pictures. Smile

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Mine sits in the box unfired.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

Well, what are you waiting for? Big Grin

Q

posted Hide Post
Nice photos!

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice photos, nice shooting, and great pictures. I never have seen the M11B model. I'm sure there is a thread out there, but what are the significant differences between the M11A and the M11B?

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
...but what are the significant differences between the M11A and the M11B?

Short answer:
M11B is P228.
M11A1 is P229.

Long answer:
M11B is the real US military M11. SIG put the "B" after the "M11" to sell on the commercial market. More detail on this gun is >> HERE <<.

M11A1 is simply a non-rail P229 that SIG rebadged as M11-A1 at conception as a marketing gimmick to fool some folks into thinking that it was an upgraded P228 that the military actually adopted and used, when in fact, they never did.

Q

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great pictures as always, Q. Thanks, hope you and yours had an enjoyable holiday.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucky goat...I have been trying to get one of those for years. Offered a P228 and a pile of cash and still no joy. One day...one day.

Terrible terrible boating accident.....

Posts: 280 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: July 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Someone to make him an offer he can't refuse!

Personally, someone jonesing for one should just get a mid-90s P228 and have US / M11 engraved on the frame.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. So I take it the M11B isn’t made anymore ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason my eyes are drawn to the flag in the background. It really has character.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were only 50 or so of them ever released if I remember right. You could get $2K for that pistol easy.

Terrible terrible boating accident.....

Posts: 280 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: July 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Nice. So I take it the M11B isn’t made anymore ?
IIRC, it was never really made, but some leftover contract guns and a couple of CPOs that couldn't be sold as "M11" for contractual (?) / military reasons, but they were marked "M11" - so SIG added the "B" at the end.

Collectors fawn over them since they are "legit" M11s, which are really just P228. But like I said, if I wanted one to commemorate my 100+ missions flying with one, I'd just buy an older German P228 for $500-700 and have the US / M11 added to the frame by an engraver.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't mind at all seeing a pic or two. We'll wait right here.. Wink

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Someone to make him an offer he can't refuse!

Considering the M11B was sold originally for $900 from the Pro Shop, there is no way he could lose money presently, even if he were to shoot it.

Q