SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 "Stainless" have a steel frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 "Stainless" have a steel frame? Login/Join 
posted
I've been able to find out a number of things about the Stainless vs ST markings on Sig P220s but can someone verify whether or not the "Stainless" marked ones have a steel frame or not? Thanks!

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Stainless” on SIG pistols usually refers only to the fact that the slide is stainless steel. SIG dropped that, however, some time after the carbon steel slide models were discontinued. That marking is not a reliable indicator that the frame is stainless.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I suppose a magnet would help. May have additional info on the case if it can be made available.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Stainless” on SIG pistols usually refers only to the fact that the slide is stainless steel. SIG dropped that, however, some time after the carbon steel slide models were discontinued. That marking is not a reliable indicator that the frame is stainless.

Yup.
"stainless" = Your SIG may or may not be all stainless.
However, "ST" = Your SIG is all stainless, as come from factory.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The current production "Stainless Elite" and "Stainless Elite Carry" are all steel. You can deduce this from the specs online, based on the weight. I love my Stainless Elite P220. Also the Elite P220-10mm, which is also all steel.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post