SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Faces Lawsuit - P320 Pistol - Alleged Accidental Discharge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Faces Lawsuit - P320 Pistol - Alleged Accidental Discharge Login/Join 
SIGforum Magician
posted
I will leave this here without comment :

https://www.military.com/daily...ischarge-wounds.html

Posts: 1091 | Location: Winter Park, FL | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. I just touched it and it went off. It’s too bad these training events aren’t filmed so that his shooting himself would have been on film.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That 320 is putting a lot of lawyers kids through college.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
People just dont believe plastic guns are real.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
What holster was he wearing?

When was his gun made?

How was he standing for his draw?

Where was his holster positioned?

So many questions.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am the only one in this room professional enough....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this bring the current sig 320 lawsuits to 11 total?

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Struck him in his upper right hip and exited the back of his thigh.
Hmmm.... Seems an odd wound track.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would seem rather simple to give the P320 and holster in question to an expert and see if they can get it to discharge while holstered? Replicating the fault would be essential to proving the case.

No this is just bandwagoning. The drop issue was resolved and no one has been able to get an upgraded P320 to discharge by impact. The Canadian issue was P226 holsters "modified" for the P320, which probably resulted in them heat shaping the material too far into the trigger guard.

Sig CAN easily add a tabbed trigger like Glocks and other have. It does stand to reason that holster material rubbing on the sides of the P320 trigger could possibly get it to move, and the tab could prevent any trigger movement. Agency Arms has one you can buy already.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Struck him in his upper right hip and exited the back of his thigh.
Hmmm.... Seems an odd wound track.

How so?

Think of the average OWB holster. Where would a bullet go if the handguns discharged while in the holster, or entering the holster?

Entry wound in that hip, and exit wound somewhere lower, like the back or side of the thigh or knee or lower leg, depending on the exact angle of the gun and trajectory of the bullet.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess... The term upper right hip made me think beltline.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the hell is an "ex-marine?"

Is that anything like an ex-parrot?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think maybe he was holstering the 320 ,maybe shirt slid into holster same time he was touching and holstering that would fire one off ??? on a hip thigh angle ??????????

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
What the hell is an "ex-marine?"

Someone who is no longer a member of the US Marine Corps.

I understand the “Once a Marine, always a Marine” solidarity thing, just as the Army has tried to promote the same idea with “I was a soldier, I am a soldier, I will always be a soldier” and the current “Soldier for life.” But it gets a little confusing when a news article is about someone who was discharged from the USMC, and which could give a completely wrong impression of the facts if they didn’t make some effort to clarify someone’s status.

What would we think of stories/articles that made the following statements about actual events, all of which really did involve real individuals who were not on active duty at the time?

“Today a United States Marine was arrested in connection with the assassination of President Kennedy. The Marine was also charged with killing a Dallas police officer before his arrest.”
“After a prolonged incident in Austin today, a US Marine was shot and killed by law enforcement officers after murdering a large number of people with rifles from the top of the observation tower at the University of Texas.”
“A Marine Corps sergeant was released from prison today after serving a sentence following his conviction for spying for the Soviet Union when he was assigned as a guard at the US embassy in Moscow.”
“A US Marine Corps general has written a book strongly critical of President Trump. The Marine had earlier been fired from his position as Secretary of Defense.”

It’s one thing for members of the fraternity to recognize each other’s service, but it’s another to carry the concept over for a news story to give the impression that someone never stopped drawing the pay, never stopped appearing in uniform for daily formations, never stopped having to qualify with an M4 or to pass a physical fitness test, etc.

If “ex-Marine” isn’t acceptable, what is? “Smith, who was a Marine and therefore will always be a Marine, but who received a Dishonorable Discharge from active duty two years ago and is not a member of the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve, was arrested today and charged with domestic violence”?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s just another example of shoddy journalism that passes for the norm nowadays. No one with any awareness refers to a prior or former Marine as an ex Marine. It is disrespectful.

The other point is that it is also completely irrelevant to the story. His prior military experience did not include the use or training with a Sig M17 or M18. So unless we just give prior military members an assumption of skill on weapons systems that they have never been qualified with, what is the point of bringing up his background? In this case it is the very unabashed attempt to claim how wildly qualified he is and couldn’t have possibly shot himself by accidentally placing his finger or some other obstacle into the trigger guard.

So yes he is a former Marine which is completely irrelevant. The gun either went off just by touching it or he had an ND. It is one or the other.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
No one with any awareness refers to a prior or former Marine as an ex Marine. It is disrespectful.

All right, now I’m curious.

As I recall (without looking) The Chicago Manual of Style states that “ex-” anything is a poor way of referring to someone’s status. Prior, former, previous, and other terms are preferred. News articles, however, very commonly resort to shortcuts to save space, even if that’s not as necessary with the Internet as it is with print pieces. I don’t use “ex-” myself very much, but why is it disrespectful? Would “ex-soldier” or “ex-police officer” or “ex-professional boxer” be disrespectful as well?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not going to argue with you about semantics. If you call a Marine an ex Marine he will either correct you or just assume you are a dumbass. Water is wet, fire is hot, don’t call a Marine an ex Marine. There’s nothing more to explain, now you know. Accept it or sound like a disrespectful asshat. Your choice.

You don’t understand because you obviously aren’t military. Or you would understand.

posted Hide Post
The lawsuit is him trying to win the "lottery".

"Didden Do Nuffin" strikes again.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Someone who is no longer a member of the US Marine Corps.

Negativo.

There is no such thing as an ex-marine.

One can no longer be a police officer, and one can no longer be a boxer.

One will always be a Marine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very enlightening. Thanks, gentlemen.
I thought I might have understood the concept, but always had doubts. Now I do not.

I will point out, though, that just as “ex” is being objected to now, other Marines (I assume) object to alternate words such as prior or former and therefore I will always wonder what is acceptable.

6.4/93.6

— Plato