SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally did some shooting after six months. Dry fire most certainly helps.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally did some shooting after six months. Dry fire most certainly helps. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So blah blah blah real life blah blah etc. at any rate I haven’t had time or ability to shoot for six months or so. I have, however, been doing a fair bit of dry fire/dry fire laser cartridge stuff.

Today I finally got to make some noise. I was actually on a 20-25 yard line and didn’t embarrass myself, I did rather well for ME. I am a 10 yard max, maybe 15 yard pistol shooter. I was able to do fairly passable for 20-25 yards today with CZ SP01, HK P2000, and K22. The only thing I can attribute this to is my dry fire over the last few months.

At any rate I am comfortable knowing that I am at least MOA at a decent pace at this range. (Minute Of Asshole) Smile

Point is dry fire really does help. It’s not a substitute for live fire but it really can help.

So if you have time run some dry fire drills with your platform of choice. You may find it helps more then you imagine. (Obviously not a training revelation but it always amazes me how much it can supplement live fire)

Take care, shoot safe
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re back in the saddle! Dry fire does help, but there’s nothing as satisfying as the bang and the gun smoke.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Any worthwhile instructor will tell you, you should be dry firing everyday. You should be doing much more dry fire training than live fire training.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who is a USPSA RO who told me to practice 200 draws from the holster per day. I knew the importance of the draw but didnt want to wear the finish of my beautiful Sig. I will do that in the future along with dry fire practice.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I have a friend who is a USPSA RO who told me to practice 200 draws from the holster per day. I knew the importance of the draw but didnt want to wear the finish of my beautiful Sig. I will do that in the future along with dry fire practice.

This is where I'm at right now.
The past month has seen the death of my sister in law, my cousin and just a week ago my maintenance person. I have not had the time nor the motivation to go outside and shoot.
I have been practicing drawing from my holster and dry firing. I am finding the finish on the Glock 19X to be pretty durable drawing and reholstering in a leather set up.
I do however need to hear some noise soon.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

The past month has seen the death of my sister in law, my cousin and just a week ago my maintenance person. I have not had the time nor the motivation to go outside and shoot.
I have been practicing drawing from my holster and dry firing. I am finding the finish on the Glock 19X to be pretty durable drawing and reholstering in a leather set up.
That is a rough on the heart month right there. Stay close to family and friends. Be ever grateful for the time we are givin. Sorry for your loss. Be strong and go forward.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

That is a rough on the heart month right there. Stay close to family and friends. Be ever grateful for the time we are givin. Sorry for your loss. Be strong and go forward.

Thank you and it's getting better.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you are going to shoot competitively, or even just shoot a decent amount, you are going to have to come to grips with finish wear.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Geez dude, I am so sorry for your losses.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Geez dude, I am so sorry for your losses.

Thank you. I'm blessed to have a close family so we're getting through it.
Not trying to hijack your thread and I agree with your dry fire practice.

Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I second your testimony about dry fire! I've been working on front sight acquisition and trigger discipline. It translates directly to live fire, so far, need to keep practicing!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post