SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    And now: The Sig P365 SAS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now: The Sig P365 SAS Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

If the new P365 SAS was marketed as curing baldness though, I might be interested. Razz

I don’t know about male pattern baldness, but I’d bet that if you ask the Sig marketing guys, they’d tell you that carrying this new wonder would put hair on your schmekel. Eek

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

If the new P365 SAS was marketed as curing baldness though, I might be interested. Razz

I don’t know about male pattern baldness, but I’d bet that if you ask the Sig marketing guys, they’d tell you that carrying this new wonder would put hair on your schmekel. Eek

LOL. ACTUALLY, that's where all the hair on my head went. Bummer. And I'm not even Jewish. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
This shortens an already short sight radius.

I shall stay with my regular P365.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
It doesn't need a sight radius, it's a point and shoot sight at short range.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
It doesn't need a sight radius, it's a point and shoot sight at short range.

By this logic why not forget sights all together, at “minute of bad breath” distance they are not worth anything anyway!

The ported barrel will really improve your low light vision as well.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Snag free? - I think I'm going to attach a rail adapter and put one on my P226.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far lots of speculation about the porting and new sighting system but judging without more facts is probably the wrong thing to do. The few reviews out there seem to be very positive. Hopefully, more actual user videos will be available.
Edit, I just found this one,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZejFxSZxQio

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The more Sig trots out the “speciality” models, the more cheaply the base models become. A buddy just picked up a brand new bare bones model from broker with XRay front sight for $400 shipped. His cost after transfer and taxes will be around $435. I’m holding out for even less.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the ported barrels. Do you need that in a 9mm? I have a G20C. I took the ported barrel out of the 10mm. Whatever benefit there is in reduction of muzzle climb is more than offset by the flash out of the top of the slide. Maybe on a hot 44 Mag or 454.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Not a fan of the ported barrels.

It seems like an odd choice. They already have an very interesting new package with the sight and flush controls. With a short barreled gun, putting all the available energy behind the bullet would be a first priority.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Others have mentioned getting the sas and replacing the barrel with a non ported one. Sounds like a great idea to me!

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Not a fan of the ported barrels.

It seems like an odd choice. They already have an very interesting new package with the sight and flush controls. With a short barreled gun, putting all the available energy behind the bullet would be a first priority.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I might rent one and reserve judgement until then. Crazy, I know.
Why? I had huge doubts about the original and then I shot it. I think people need to relax and save their already tightened sphincters some stress.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
The original P365 seemed a little too small for my hands. This is a very interesting idea for carry guns. Who knows how these changes will work their way into more guns in the future.

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to preference and flash issues, I’m also concerned the porting of the recoiling mass will exacerbate the striker drag issue. Remove the porting and I’d be a buyer.

I have had snagging issues on clothing in both pocket carry and modified mexican carry. (And I prefer the Raven trigger guard system now.). I doubt the sight system is as limiting as most skeptics are thinking; shooting one will prove that, one way or the other.

My “perfect P365” configuration would be a non-ported SAS with the XL grip and mags. Maybe someday that will happen.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'll probably end up getting an SAS 365 just because and see how it shoots out to 100 yards and farther with its sights.

Then I'd put its slide on my 365 XL and change its barrel with my original 365 and see how that shoots.

quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:
In addition to preference and flash issues, I’m also concerned the porting of the recoiling mass will exacerbate the striker drag issue. Remove the porting and I’d be a buyer.

I have had snagging issues on clothing in both pocket carry and modified mexican carry. (And I prefer the Raven trigger guard system now.). I doubt the sight system is as limiting as most skeptics are thinking; shooting one will prove that, one way or the other.

My “perfect P365” configuration would be a non-ported SAS with the XL grip and mags. Maybe someday that will happen.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might feel differently after shooting one, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Just talked yesterday with a rep from Sig and was told the following:
Likely released early next month.
Price undetermined yet.
No info on just purchasing a non-ported barrel.
Will not have a thumb safety.
Slide does not appear taller than base slide so it appears the rear sight is cut down into the slide.
Offered No warranty these answers are correct. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EasyFire,

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the sight design buried in the slide. Very cool innovation and I'll certainly reserve judgement on how well they work until I shoot it, but the video of bangin' 6" plates at 15yds looks good to me.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That gets pretty close to my ideal configuration, but the slide mass would still be low...

Considering ported pistols sell at a rate of 1/10th their non-ported comparable, I imagine Sig will offer the SAS in a non-ported version eventually.

I wonder if the “buried site system” and the RMR plate system on the XL are compatible? THAT would make a truly modular version of the P365! Sig could just make 4 slides: XL with and without ports and standard version with and without ports. Include a “plug” for the front sight hole (when RMR or buried sites are installed), and use any of the three site options on the rear plate: Standard rear notch plate, RMR, or Buried sites.

In addition, offer the MS, SAS, Flat trigger, and standard as the four optional trigger packs, and the standard and XL grip modules. Heck, in 20 minutes, someone could make a “Gun builder” with drop-down menus to select your exact configuration right on their website...

C’mon SIG, do I have to teach ya to make modular handguns?!? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I'll probably end up getting an SAS 365 just because and see how it shoots out to 100 yards and farther with its sights.

Then I'd put its slide on my 365 XL and change its barrel with my original 365 and see how that shoots.

quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
That flush mounted rear sight is interesting. But it seems like it would be tough to get used to. The rest of the slide blocks your view so how do you actually put the dot on the target? Would want to shoot it before buying.

And not a big fan of ported barrels in general, and don't see the need for it in micro-compact 9MM.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post