SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    And now: The Sig P365 SAS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now: The Sig P365 SAS Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reminds me of the old ASP 9 S&W conversions...

Yep, that's what I thought too. The Guttersnipe system.

I'm also in the no porting camp...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope.

What good does a compensated barrel do on a sub compact 9mm pistola? There is not enough pressure to make it worth doing.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well..... Ok! But i want to actually shoot one to see how the sighting system actually works. And the port just means more noise and blast.
And whats the cost, compared to the standard 365?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16003 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The Kimberization of Sig continues. I don’t know why, but I look at that and immediately think of the Kimber Solo.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’ll wait for the Rainbow Titanium model

Posts: 26851 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

Some may like the slick finish that can’t catch on anything. The problem I see with it, it does away with most use of one handed injuries limb manipulation of the gun.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have the ASP 9mm. But since I can't afford one, I will stick with the CS9. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chiefneon:
Howdy!

Some may like the slick finish that can’t catch on anything. The problem I see with it, it does away with most use of one handed injuries limb manipulation of the gun.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

For those who live in war zones, or those who worry about an event that is so unlikely to happen in your lifetime, or those who just fantasize about being in such a situation, then the gun is not for you, I get it. You just get a non-SAS model and be happy.

But, wait, there's more. I thought you can still rack the slide using its muzzle end, or, release the slide by sling shot using your two knees, even if you lose one hand. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26202 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Nope, just grip the slide with your teeth.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Nope, just grip the slide with your teeth.

That doesn't work if you ain't got no teef.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I must be an amazing shooter! I’m not sure how many thousands of draws I’ve made, but I have yet to hang up my front sight on my holster let alone a slide release or takedown lever.

Either I’m a savant, or this notion of “snagging” a pistol when drawing it is pure horse shit.

The sights intrigue me none the less and I look forward to trying them.

As for this gun...I ran out and bought a 365 right away. I ran out and bought a 365 XL right away...I want nothing to do with this gun.

I use my slide release for reloads, I despise ported barrels and I hate holes in my slide even more. I might like the flush take down lever for comfort on my weak thumb (love Glocks for this), but it looks like I need a screwdriver to use it? That would be something that would annoy me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to wait for the legion 365 sas long slide.

I like options. Probably will pick one up.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Details" section of the Sig link is a masterpiece of B.S. marketing geniuses gone bezerk.

It opens with: "The P365SAS was designed for the serious CCW user who truly understands the value of smoother draws, faster sight acquisition, and more effective engagements at realistic distances."

Apparently, you are an unserious CCW user if you don't TRULY understand the value of the qualities embodied in this historic, ground-breaking, revolution in the development of the defensive handgun. Oye vey. Roll Eyes

In 50 years of daily carry and defensive shooting, I have never had a CCW "snag". However, if it does occur over the NEXT 50 years, I promise to let my compadres on the SF know.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the sights can be removed and the spot can be repurposed to do an optic?

optic version coming soon?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a wearer of bifocals I'm interested in seeing if the circle dot sights on this are easier for me to use for aiming.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
... B.S. marketing geniuses gone bezerk.
..designed for the serious CCW user who truly understands ....

I need to start getting serious about my CCW. I do I attain this understanding?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
It looks like the sights can be removed and the spot can be repurposed to do an optic?

Totally defeats the SAS concept. Not just that, but also defeats the purpose of the micro-compact.

Q

Posts: 26202 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the sights if they're a smidgen off.
This sight, I am sure, is only meant for ranges of a few feet, maybe 12 feet maximum. This is the approximate range at which my accuracy with the "Cirillo 'silhouette point'" began to fall off. But there is another problem - not every shooting situation is that close.

Posts: 27830 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although the marketing is a bit over the top, I can see the SAS being used with a minimalist trigger-guard-only IWB holster.

I have the Raven one from Sig, which can also be used as a lanyard holster:

So with one of these, snagging "might" be an issue.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the sights if they're a smidgen off.
This sight, I am sure, is only meant for ranges of a few feet, maybe 12 feet maximum. This is the approximate range at which my accuracy with the "Cirillo 'silhouette point'" began to fall off. But there is another problem - not every shooting situation is that close.

Took a course from Jim Cirillo in 1996, along with a group of LE trainers. The technique worked just fine with my "obsolete" 1911 at seven yards. Worked for just about everybody else as well, with the duty guns in use during that era.

A few years ago, I tested a P226 .40 at seven yards. From the holster, group size was about seven inches. It was a test for functioning, not accuracy. BTW, it had NO sights on the slide. Just got it back from Sig for slide bead blasting and wanted to make sure it functioned before installing new sights.

Using the high ready (high pec) position, I can get hand sized groups easily at five yards and under. BTW, the top of the slide is just below the chin using this technique. I won't even get into old fashioned Fairbairn style one-handed point shooting used in Shanghai after the turn of the LAST century (early 1900's). In other words, NO special equipment required for good hits at close ranges.

Also, seems to me that the rear night sight with no front sight would not lend itself to accurate alignment in low light conditions. You're pointing/indexing with the BACK of the slide rather than the front. Nowadays, many shooters prefer a front night sight and a black rear.

As ORIVE 8 mentioned, it does look similar to the ASP Guttersnipe. I can't recall any feedback regarding their functionality back then. Weren't many ASP's produced anyway.

If the new P365 SAS was marketed as curing baldness though, I might be interested. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post