SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    And now: The Sig P365 SAS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And now: The Sig P365 SAS Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas.html

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I literally thought that was some sort of spoof at first.
The sight (no s) is interesting, but ported barrel? Nope.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I'm curious how well that sight works. The ported barrel could probably be swapped out for a standard barrel if that's a problem.

Reminds me of the old ASP 9 S&W conversions...

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Definitely will replace the barrel, if I were to buy one. Everything else seems good.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like too much in one package- a pistol made with fiber optic sights and a big flash from the porting. Sounds counter productive at least for indoor shooting and/or night shooting. Now if they did away with the porting and gave it a front sight instead, with a rear sight on a rail piece designed for a red dot, they may be on to something.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda liking the "flattened " takedown lever and minimal slide lock.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm... The tactical types won't like it because you can't do the "one-handed rack" in an emergency: the recessed slide lock can't be used as a release, and there is nothing protruding anywhere on the slide to engage a belt, holster edge, etc.

Still ... I kind of like it.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I had to watch the video on the SIG site to understand how that sight works. It seems to be an enhanced version of a "silhouette point." This is where you put the gun up in your line of sight and put the back of the gun's slide over the target. (The perfectly square and flat Glock slide lends itself very well to this.) This is an alternative (when for whatever reason you can't see or focus on your normal sights) technique recommended by the late Jim Cirillo in his book Guns, Bullets and Gunfights. At close range and in daylight (when I tried it), it does work quite well. A dot would give you a little better focus in low light. I could sort of see this and the other anti-snag features (but not the porting) if you were going to pocket carry this gun. For belt holster carry I think they are a SISOP. (Solution In Search of a Problem) Just lightly rounding sharp edges and corners is sufficient for that.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I like the flattened take down lever. Ported barrel is a no go. Doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the sights if they're a smidgen off.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

No thanks.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... my interest is piqued, especially with that rear sighting system.

I wonder if these complete SAS slides will be offered later on?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One could totally get rid of any snag by eliminating not only the front sight but also the entire gun to which that sight is attached.

Glad to see a gun company with a sense of humor.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I really like this!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I like the flush mounted sight system and controls. I'd probably never buy a P365xl, but this has potential. I don't care for the ported barrel/slide though.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pass

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I could do without the ported barrel, though.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
[IMG]

No thanks.

Oh come on, it's like a really hard to quire red dot, what's not to love. I'm sure you'll line that bad boy up under stress. Just keep practicing that press out.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beside the stupid ported barrel on this gun, can somebody explain to me what the hell those front slide serrations are for? Absolutely ridiculous for a SAS gun. Don't give me that press check bullshit, because you already have the LCI.

Q

posted Hide Post
I love that they buried the sight in the slide, very cool. Would prefer no porting as well...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post