SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger 327 Federal Magnum SP101
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 327 Federal Magnum SP101 Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
I know all of Sig Forum likes to see new pistols. I just got this one out of layaway this week, I missed out on the intial release of this pistol a few years back. I was seeing originals go for $750, after being discontinued, which was way above my budget.

This has been my most wanted pistol for a long time.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, just feels strange carrying a revolver for a change!

Some small changes from the original, no leaf rear sight, the machining on the left recoil shield is different, lettering has changed.

The grip inserts are not original Ruger. I orderd these from Chigs with the Ruger emblem before I got the pistol from layaway. Adds some class !

And with a Don Hume IWB holster, the revolver just doesn't seem as heavy as the 3" 357 Magnum version I owned years ago.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I actually took it to the range last week for the first time in about a year. Put some .32 S&W long in it for a gun that shoots like a .22lr.

Are those Hydra-Shocks or Gold Dots? The Federals have noticeably less recoil.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
You will really enjoy the .327 Federal Magnum cartridge. It is a boomer, but with recoil that isn't as "sharp" as a .357 Magnum. If that makes sense.
I began with a LCR in .327 Federal Magnum, last month. Up next will be either the SP101 or the GP100. Shooting hot .327s in a friend's SP101 is what introduced me to the cartridge.
Surprisingly, the .32 H&R Magnums in the LCR are pretty potent, as well. I plan on reloading this cartridge this spring (have to get dies, still) and playing with its inherent flexibility.
Enjoy your SP101!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Those are actually 32 H&R Magnum cartridges in the photo. I have been shooting them in my Taurus M327 327 Magnum revolvers and like the cartridge. They seem a little bit more accurate than the 327 Cartridges, but I have not done any extensive testing.
The Federal 327 Magnum ammo is very good.
Of course, I would expect the Ruger with its 3" barrel to be more accurate than the Taurus revolvers with 2" barrels.

I dislike the American Eagle 100 gr ammo immensely.

Last, I will probably have or do myself, do a bead blast texture finish to this revolver, maybe a new front sight.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post