SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question about the backward compatibility of the E2 Grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about the backward compatibility of the E2 Grip Login/Join 
posted
I have a question. I understand that to convert the 2-piece SIG SAUER P229 grip to an E2 grip requires a special upgrade kit with a one-piece E2 grip installation/removal tool, hammer seat, hammer strut, and decocking lever. If I buy a new SIG P229 already installed with an E2 grip, do I need, or is there a benefit to going back to, the traditional non-E2 grip parts mentioned above (if I want to go back to a traditional two-piece grip)?

Posts: 29 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am no expert but I converted both a 226 and a 229 from E2 to Aluminum 2 pc grips. I didn't change any of the parts you mentioned, just added the grips and screws. Be careful when removing the E2 grip as I messed up trigger bar spring on my 229 when I did it.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sheepdogged:
I have a question. I understand that to convert the 2-piece SIG SAUER P229 grip to an E2 grip requires a special upgrade kit with a one-piece E2 grip installation/removal tool, hammer seat, hammer strut, and decocking lever. If I buy a new SIG P229 already installed with an E2 grip, do I need, or is there a benefit to going back to, the traditional non-E2 grip parts mentioned above (if I want to go back to a traditional two-piece grip)?

Zero.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the E2 to be the most ergonomic,comfortable grip Sig makes, minus the slim grips but they are like hen's teeth. Also, if you put an E2 grip on a pistol with the 2 piece grips, make sure you use the credit card technique. There are many videos that show what I mean but basically you place a thin,rigid card over the trigger spring when you slip the E2 grip into place on the frame. It prevents the E2 grips from compressing the spring into oblivion and the only cure is a new spring. Ask me how I know.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I found that the checkered aluminum grips worked better in my paws. Guess it would boil down to a personal preference.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post